Going Out: A Guy’s Timeline

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Ever wonder what it’s like for a guy when it comes to going out? Well here’s your chance to find out. Check out a standard timeline for guys going out.

9:00

Spend hours deliberating on what I’m going to wear. And by hours I mean stay in what I wore all day. I’m going to have to check the mirror to make sure I didn’t spill too much on my shirt though.

9:01

Time to do my hair. Should I wear it up or down?

9:02

Pregame like a rockstar

Then proceed to take shots and pretend like they’re nothing.

9:05

If anyone asks, no matter how drunk you are, proceed to say “I’m not even drunk”. Make sure to tell everyone who hasn’t drank as much as you to “Get on your level”.

9:45

Feel bad for those girls in high heels

9:46

Stop feeling bad because my crocs are probably just as comfortable.

10:01

Show up fashionably late looking fashionable. I’m pretty sure that stain on my shirt looks like a fancy label.

10:45

Hit on every girl at the party. Twice.

11:30

Pee in that one alley for the 5th time

12:00

Dance on the bar, like no one’s watching.

12:30

When you realize it’s only you and some real weird dudes, it’s time to roll out

12:31

Make sure to yell at everyone on your way home. It makes you look cooler.

Pat yourself on the back because you’ve killed it tonight.

Evan is a junior at the University of Wisconsin - Madison pursuing a degree in Economics and Sociology. Although he is serious about getting that job on Wall Street, you can find him having a great time along the way.
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!