This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Midterms: You study, study, study, and then you take them all. And then you are done. Right? Nope. Not at college!

As a freshman, getting used to a schedule of what seems like never-ending exams can be extremely stressful and confusing. In high school, we usually only had one set of midterms and they likely all took place within one week. But in college, they are sporadically placed throughout many weeks, and it feels like you are constantly studying. It can be a tad overwhelming.

You study all week for one exam and finally take it. Your feelings of relief and relaxation immediately vanish when you realize you have another one next week.

All that stress eating you said would only last for a few days? Yeah… it’s going to last longer. You have more exams in the weeks to come.

Time management is key: keep. studying. (For all the tests!)

You will be tired. When people told you about late night (or early morning) cram sessions at college – they weren’t exaggerating. It’s real.

But… don’t worry! It all just takes some getting used to. As a freshman I have definitely been stressed and tired from my many exams. But it’s all part of transitioning into the college lifestyle. Grab those books and head to the library while you still have time! 

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!