Fourth Annual Art of the Wisconsin BBA Exhibition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Students and faculty gathered at Grainger Hall to celebrate the fourth annual Art of Wisconsin BBA Exhibition on Wednesday evening. 

The Art of Wisconsin BBA Student Exhibition was created to showcase the creative talents of business students. While B-school students develop skills pertaining to areas such as marketing, accounting, finance and real estate, they often possess many other unique qualities that deserve to be highlighted as well. 

This year’s show featured a variety of mediums including oil and canvas paintings, watercolors and crayon and colored pencil. Less traditional modes of art like digital photography and mixed-fabric work were showcased as well.

Student directors, Casey Haas, Morgan Singer and Ryan Kerley hosted this year’s show. Haas, who co-directed the exhibition last year as well, was especially thankful for the opportunity this provided for business students.

“It’s amazing to see how creative business badgers are,” Haas said. “I loved planning the Wisconsin BBA exhibition and seeing it grow each year with over 30 pieces displayed.”

Kerley and Singer also explained why they chose to get involved with the exhibition.

According to Kerley, “This experience allowed me to combine my business and leadership skills with my passion for art.”

“I got involved in the exhibition in order to express my creativity outside of the classroom and showcase my artistic abilities,” Singer said. 

All students pursuing a BBA degree or certificate in Business or Entrepreneurship with a passion for art are encouraged to submit their work in the future! 

Hannah, originally from Milwaukee, WI is a Campus Correspondent for HC Wisconsin.  Hannah is a Senior and is studying Political Science and Psychology.  She aspires to work in health policy and will run for office one day.  She is never seen without a cup of coffee in hand and loves to eat any food in sight, especially sushi.  Outside of school, Hannah frequents Badger sporting events and likes to hang out with her friends on the weekends finding new things to do and new places to eat.  Hannah also runs her own Mary Kay business and is obsessed with keeping up with the latest makeup trends! This will be her seventh semester on the Her Campus team, and she loves the org more and more each semester!  It is Hannah's favorite thing that she is involved in on campus and highly recommends anyone with an interest in writing, journalism, or blogging to get involved, you won't regret it! On Wisconsin!!