Forto Coffee Shots: A Health(ier), More Productive Kind of Shot

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Like most people, you’re probably waiting until after your last final to take a shot of cheap vodka to mark the end of this semester’s all-nighters, 8-page papers and exam questions that are completely out of left field. You can probably already imagine it; the quick motion of lifting the shot glass up to your mouth while quickly swallowing and trying not to gag. But what if I told you that you don’t need to wait until after finals to take a shot?  This is where Forto Coffee Shots come in. You may have seen them in some of the Flamingo Runs and Badger Markets around campus, but you might not  be sure what they are.   Or, perhaps you were deterred from trying yet another caffeinated beverage with the promise of quick energy that doesn’t live up to the hype on the packaging.

Forto Coffee Shots, which come in a small plastic container in the shape of a fun-sized coffee cup, promise a boost of natural energy. This product, which is made with simple, organic ingredients and fair-trade Colombian coffee beans, packs a whopping 200mg of coffee in each shot, which is equivalent to about two cups of coffee. The beans, which are cold brewed longer than regular coffee, are formulated to “deliver an immediate, clean, and natural energy boost” according to the Forto Coffee website. While you can choose to mix them into another drink, like an espresso shot, you can also down them like you would any shot of alcohol- the latter of which seems way more fun to me!

I discovered Forto Coffee shots when I was in desperate need of caffeine pick-me-up to help me study. As a college student, I am obviously attracted to anything with the promise of helping me stay up late and with the word “shot” on it. So, naturally, I picked up the Mocha flavor at one of the residence halls and commenced studying. I didn’t expect it to taste great since most shots usually don’t. Fully expecting to gag, I held my breath and waited for another bottle with false advertising to prevail- luckily, neither happened. The shot, which tasted almost like chocolate milk, went down my throat smoothly and left me wanting more. Once the caffeine kicked in, I was surprised to find out that this tiny bottle contained the energy I needed to finish writing my paper. It allowed me to focus on my paper for hours on end, without being my usual easily distracted self. After realizing that I had found a miracle in the bottle, I knew I had to get all my friends hooked immediately. Many of my friends, like me, really enjoyed the coffee shot. Some- okay fine, one- even called it “the only thing” that could get her through finals week.  

When I first took the coffee shot, I didn’t know what to expect.  However, I’m glad I took a chance on this because let me tell you, this little energizer is going to be my holy grail during the final days of this semester. It comes in a variety of flavors, some of which include Vanilla, Mocha, Sweetened Black, Pure Black, and even Hershey’s Chocolate, so there is sure to be one that you will enjoy. So, if you want to make any long nights studying at College Library more productive, or if you want to avoid falling asleep during that long family holiday gift exchange, I highly suggest you pick up a Forto Coffee Shot for a quick little burst of motivation.  

This is a shot you don’t have to feel guilty about!

Manisha is a sophomore at the University of Wisconsin- Madison and a pre-nursing major. She is always itching to try the newest trends, whether they pertain to food, fashion, music, or any new product that claims to have an ample amount of caffeine. In her free time you could probably find Manisha online shopping, watching netflix, or avoiding her homework.