This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

It’s almost unheard of to come across a take-out restaurant that claims to be healthy… and actually is.

Frankly, I’ve grown accustomed to the feeling of suspicion and general mistrust towards all restaurants and products that surround their brand with healthy buzzwords like “green”, “natural”, and “detox.”

It took a lot to let my guard down with Forage, but man am I glad I did.

According to their beautifully and immaculately designed website, “Forage Kitchen is a crave-worthy salad and cold-press juice bar that redefines the grab-n-go experience.”

While the menu lists signature salads and predetermined grain bowls, customers also have the opportunity to design their own.

For indecisive folks like myself, the pricing system is broken down clearly and effectively.

You can choose two bases: a lettuce (organic kale, romaine, baby spinach, or baby arugula) and a grain (organic quinoa or forbidden black rice). From there, you select up to four basic ingredients, which include conventional ingredients such as carrots, cucumbers, and tomatoes, as well as unique options that add a twist to the traditional salad, such as roasted sweet potatoes, lentils, roasted beets, and edamame.

Aside from grains and greens, acai bowls are a major hit. After sampling every flavor, it’s clear that nothing beats the “Goji Beri High” acai bowl. It’s refreshing, delicious, and feels like a treat when you’re only really nourishing yourself with bananas, fresh berries, and homemade goji granola. It’s a win-win that’ll keep you coming back for more.

The pressed juices, although overpriced and unsatisfying alone, can be a great addition to a salad. At up to 5 dollars a bottle, they’re definitely a splurge, and perhaps not worth it on a frequent basis.

So, if you never thought you’d see the words “healthy, fresh, and fast food” together, then you just might have to stop by and see for yourself.

Forage, neighbors with Starbucks and across the street of the University Bookstore, is easy to find and easy to love. And for those who aren’t about walking and eating healthy, Forage now delivers.

Daniela is a freshman at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Although a current psychology major, she has always had a passion for journalism and writing. In high school, she was the news editor and staff writer on Inklings, a Columbia Scholastic Press Association gold-medal winner since 2000. She also hopes to obtain a certificate in entrepreneurship and explore and expand her knowledge of the blogging sphere in her future. She loves The Office, Pinterest interior design crafts, lattes, and early mornings.
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!