Five Incomparable Party Theme Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

College is full of parties, and nothing beats a party with a killer theme. From the creative and sexy costumes to the decorations, here are five party theme ideas that college students would love to be invited too.

1. Colonial Bros

Remember learning about the colonial era in middle school and high school? Don’t you want to experience what life was like in 1700s America? This theme combines a history lesson with humor (have you seen the “powdered” white wigs), authenticity and sexy. 2.  ABC

Anything But Clothes. And no I don’t mean show up naked. Rather, it’s the opportunity to get creative with your costumes. Use shower curtains, construction tape, or even snack bags to make the perfect outfit for the night.

3. When I Grow Up

Our entire life has been filled with one single question: What do you want to do when you grow up? While there are thousands of answers to this question, most of wish to do things with our lives that don’t end up happening. This is your chance to dress up a your true aspiration or dream job from a superhero, solider, nurse, or Meredith Grey.

4. Emoji’s

We all use emoji’s everyday. Our texting conversations are filled with little bubbly faces and objects. So why not dress up as your favorite emoji? Whether it be the twin ballerinas, the banana, the ghost, or the salsa dancer, there are a plethora of options to dress up as. The plus side is you can never go wrong with an emoji. 5. Kegs and Eggs

After a night of partying, I always wake up craving eggs, waffle fries, and pancakes. So why not create the ideal party filled with your favorite breakfast foods to offset our guaranteed hangovers. All you have to do is show up in your favorite pair of pajamas. When you finish blacking out you can wake up and continue partying in a comfortable but cute manner.

Whether it be dressing up in bubble wrap or drinking the night away while devouring hearty breakfast, themed parties always make for a crazier, more epic, fun-filled night.

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!