Style > Fashion

Five Fall Fashion Trends I’m Loving Right Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Here are five trends for you to rock on your way to class or Sunday brunch

The leaves are changing in Madison, and it’s time to break out the pants and jackets. It’s not easy to say goodbye to biker shorts and sundresses, but I’m so excited about some of the trends that are circulating. Keep reading for some fashion inspiration for these next couple of months.

1. Boston Clogs

Speaking from personal experience: these are so comfortable. Not only have I received so many compliments, but I feel confident wearing these around campus. This trend started with Birkenstock, but there are adorable dupes you can shop for elsewhere. I have friends who wear these with athleisure, and I’ve paired them with jeans and a sweater. They are versatile and a great transition piece for you to rock from fall to winter to spring. 

2. Cargo Pants

Not only are cargo pants a cool statement piece, but they can be dressed up or down. You can wear them for a night at the bar or a quick coffee run. I love these styled in a variety of ways, and am currently eyeing a pair from Zara for myself. You also have multiple colors to choose from!

3. Statement Jacket

A statement jacket can dress up anything you wear. I love how stylish I feel after throwing a cute jacket on over literally any outfit. There are so many options to choose from: flannel, sherpa, faux leather, denim, suede, trench, and so much more. A piece like this is timeless and useful during transition seasons. 

4. White Tank, Blue Jeans

I’m sure you’re familiar with the “clean girl aesthetic”. A white tank and blue jeans are parallel to that. It might seem basic and simple, but you’ll look so put together in a classic pair of blue jeans and a clean white tank. Pop a statement jacket on over and you’re ready to go.

5. Loafers

These are similar to the Boston Clog trend, but more upscale. A trusty pair of loafers is another timeless piece for your closet that can take you through any season. Whether you feel like being casual or more formal, loafers add a statement to any look. I’m jealous of anybody who has their hands on a pair of these right now, and I urge you all to look into a pair for yourself!

Halle Zides

Wisconsin '24

I am a sophomore in college who loves sharing the things I am passionate with like minded people- this includes: fashion, eats, workout spots and ideas, empowerment, friendship, education, and more!!