Fast and Easy Hairstyles

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

We all have those days. We wake up late, rush through breakfast, and the last thing we want to take time doing is our hair. Here are some fast and easy hairstyles that are a MUST for those frantic mornings!

The Half-Up Pony

It’s as easy as it sounds! Put the top section of your hair into a baby ponytail, and add your own style by adjusting the height or maybe even adding some volume to the top!

The Half-Up Top Knot

Take the top section of your hair and pretend you’re making a messy bun. Add a hair tie and you’re done!

The High Pony

What says “fun and flirty” more than a high pony? Tease the top section of your hair for some nice volume and pull out a few strands. The options are limitless!

Day Old Boxer Braids (Fold-Up Braids)

Yesterday’s boxer braids don’t look too hot? Ladies with shorter hair, you’re in luck. Simply criss-cross the braids behind your head, and pin them up alongside the opposite braid. If your braids are longer, you may need to fold the bottom portion of your braid under itself. With some pins and a little hairspray, yesterday’s mess has never looked more sophisticated. Just be sure to tuck in the ends!

The Katniss Braid

If Katniss can do it super fast, so can you! Simply Dutch braid your hair, beginning on one side of your head. Braid across the back of your head so the tail of your braid hangs over one shoulder.

The Last Resort

When all else fails, it’s OK to break out that baseball cap. Go for a low pony or bun, or maybe just wear your hair down. The first two styles also work great under a hat. Top it off with your favorite baseball hat, and call it a day!

Never again head to class feeling disgruntled by your last minute hair-do! These styles, while fast and easy, are chic enough that you can still feel fabulous all day long!

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!