burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Every Trend You Need to Try to Step Up Your Back to School Fashion Game

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

The beginning of a new school year can only mean one thing: new everything! New books, new classes, new people—but most importantly—new clothes. Here are some of the hottest fall trends you can rock in and out of the classroom!

1.  Jean Jacket

Perfect for those chilly mornings that turn into warm afternoons.

Shop this look here.

2.  Cold Shoulder Sweaters

Just because off-the-shoulder tops are meant for summer, doesn’t mean that your shoulders are.

Shop this look here.

3.  Embroidery everywhere!

Remember when we were really young and wanted to learn how to embroider from our grandma? Turns out this skill would have been pretty useful—just about anything and everything is being embroidered this fall.

Shop this look here.

4.  That’s so ’70s

Stripes, turtlenecks, bell bottom pants, bell sleeves—basically everything else you’ve ever seen on the That ’70s show—are making a comeback. Maybe it’s a good thing we’ve spent so much time gushing over Jackie’s outfits.

Shop this look here.

5.  Wrap Everything

Everything looks a little cuter with a tie on the side.

Shop this look here.

6.  Bell Sleeves

The bigger the sleeves, the bigger the dreams…right?

Shop this look here.

7.  Red

Probably the easiest fall trend to follow at this school…

Shop this look here.

8.  Ruffles

Luckily, one of your favorite summer trends is sticking around! Ruffles are cute either dressed up or down. Hopefully, they are here to stay.

Shop this look here.

Find yourself loving more than one of these trends? You’re in luck! Most of these trends can be worn together or are incorporated together in one piece! So here’s to a fashion-forward school year!

Hi, I'm Abby Coppens, a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison. I'm pursuing a degree in Economics and Retail. In my free time, I really enjoying hanging out with my friends and family, doing homework, biking, and reading. I'm the biggest friends fanatic on the planet. Go Badgers!