This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Lace has been big all year. I’ve seen it on shirts, dresses, and skirts. As much as I love lace, it’s getting boring. Lace dress and shirts are all starting to look the same.

Enter: lace on jean shorts. These are starting to pop up on pinterest and tumblr and I have a feeling next time I hit the mall I’ll be seeing a few there as well.

One problem is lace normally ups the price tag of any piece. Denim shorts rarely come cheap, so put the two together and I’m not predicting the cheapest pair of shorts.

So take a break from studying and make your own pair! It’s especially great for a pair of jeans that’s ripping in the thigh area or has destroyed bottoms.

Another popular trend this last year were cap toes on flats or heels. If you have a pair of shoes you never wear it never hurts to revamp them all by adding a cute new detail. Colorful caps are a great way to add color to an outfit. Or if you want to a more neutral addition, try adding gold or silver glitter instead.

Finally, if you find yourself growing tired of all your winter sweats try adding elbow patches to make your last few wears of it a little more fun!

Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com