Cute and Quick DIY Clothing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

It’s that time of year again—the ever-foreboding midterms, followed by finals, lurking on the horizon. While most of us turn to Netflix and Badger Blast, perhaps it’s time to switch up your stress regiment… and no, I’m not just talking about your usual Babcock flavor. A 2003 study by CBS News showed that taking breaks which would stimulate your creative juices, would help with your long-term memory retention. Check out these great ideas that not only will benefit your brain, but your wardrobe too!

1.     Ombré has won the heart of college girls all over. So, why not make one to show your Badger pride! 

2.     Have an old pair of jeans that have way too many stains from… studying so hard? Check out this website for DIY summer shorts! No sewing machine required just crafty materials found at your local craft store. 

3.     Summer is the best time to dress carefree and fancy! Check out these DIY skirts for a fabulous summer

4.     This website is full of DIY ideas and this zipper blouse is on the top of our list for favorite sassy summer shirts! 

5.     We’re all bored with the typical Old Navy flip flips. Check out this easy and stylish idea to glam up your favorite pair of beach shoes! 

So, instead of turning to your laptop and liter, grab a pair of scissors and hit up Bascom to enjoy the spring air and DIY until your heart’s content. 

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin! 
Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com