It’s that time of year again—the ever-foreboding midterms, followed by finals, lurking on the horizon. While most of us turn to Netflix and Badger Blast, perhaps it’s time to switch up your stress regiment… and no, I’m not just talking about your usual Babcock flavor. A 2003 study by CBS News showed that taking breaks which would stimulate your creative juices, would help with your long-term memory retention. Check out these great ideas that not only will benefit your brain, but your wardrobe too!
1. Ombré has won the heart of college girls all over. So, why not make one to show your Badger pride!
2. Have an old pair of jeans that have way too many stains from… studying so hard? Check out this website for DIY summer shorts! No sewing machine required just crafty materials found at your local craft store.
3. Summer is the best time to dress carefree and fancy! Check out these DIY skirts for a fabulous summer.
4. This website is full of DIY ideas and this zipper blouse is on the top of our list for favorite sassy summer shirts!
5. We’re all bored with the typical Old Navy flip flips. Check out this easy and stylish idea to glam up your favorite pair of beach shoes!
So, instead of turning to your laptop and liter, grab a pair of scissors and hit up Bascom to enjoy the spring air and DIY until your heart’s content.