College Cards Is the Card Game Your Professors Warned You About

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

College Cards is not your average card game. However, it’s a pregame necessity and a socially acceptable way for alumni to relive their college glory days.

College students are notorious binge-drinkers and procrastinators – a truly charming combination. However, avoiding responsibilities and commitments is more mentally taxing than it seems. It’s hard to keep yourself busy after you’ve watched every documentary on Netflix and stalked all of your extended family, your ex and your best friend’s-roommate’s-sister’s-personal trainer on Facebook. Luckily, UW-Madison Alumnus David Kemmerer has taken away the innocence of “a friendly game of cards” and created a more productive way to waste time.

Inspired by Cards Against Humanity, College Cards is a simple, straightforward game that requires little to no brain work. If you can’t figure out how to play, you should probably reconsider that Bachelor’s Degree you’re working on. It’s basically a compilation of your worst drunk texts turned into a card game – totally inappropriate but absolutely hilarious. That being said, College Cards is not a game for the overly-sensitive or easily-offended.

As a former Badger, Kemmerer decided to debut the first deck in red and white. The Wisconsin version of the game features Chancellor Rebecca Blank and Steve the Bouncer, among other people and places special to UW-Madison.

The first deck was wildly successful among students; it even received a feature on Barstool Wisco’s Instagram. The shout out even elicited a response from Bronson Koenig.

Don’t fret if you’re getting FOMO because you have no idea what The KK stands for and because you don’t know the significance of Mifflin Street, though; the College Cards team will be dropping new stacks for other schools in the near future. So, keep your fingers crossed that you go to a well-known university — your school may just get their own deck! In the meantime, you can find a highlight reel of some of College Cards’ best combinations on their Instagram page.

Visit College Cards to purchase a deck of your own. You’ll also find a PDF with game instructions and rules… if you’re into that kind of stuff.