This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Meet Her Campus Wisconsin’s amazing EIC, Maddie! She dedicates her life to our org and we can’t thank her enough for all she does. 

What is Her Campus?

We’re the #1 new-media brand for the empowered college woman and HC Wisconsin is proud to be a part of 300+ chapters around the world! Check us out!

How do you get involved with her Campus?

We’re currently looking to recruit new writers! Please fill out this form to apply.

What do you love about Her Campus?

I love reading your articles! With the opportunity to write about anything, the ideas are endless! While I can’t think of a single thing I don’t love, perhaps the most important thing I love about HC is that it’s introduced me to lifelong friends, and given me a family at UW. We’re all so close—it’s really a special org to be part of.

Who should join Her Campus?

Anyone interested in writing (regardless of major!!), PR, social media, photography, fashion or looking to meet an amazing group of friends!

What is your typical wine of choice?

I don’t like picking favorites… but Riesling is always a winner.

Top three must-have makeup items?

This is the most painful question. Tarte Mararcuja oil (bc combatting wrinkles/lines at an early age), Clinique super balanced silk makeup (best light foundation with SPF!!) and Benefit Gimme Brow brow gel #5.

Fav Hamilton song and why?

Why should I ever have to pick just one!? Although, I absolutely love “The World was Wide Enough” because everyone sings and my heart melts.

How do you hope to stay connected with Her Campus after graduation?

I would love to work for the national office post-graduation! HC has taught me so much more than I could’ve ever imagined and I’d love to give back to other women what HC has given me.

Has Her Campus given you any opportunities outside of this particular chapter?

Yes! I am currently a national intern in the Public Relations department, Campus Development department, and I work as a Campus Expansion assistant.

Thoughts on your last semester/fav HC memory?

I had a moment the other day where I thought back to all the incredible things I’ve gotten to do with HC. From going to NYC two summers for HerConference, to heading down to Chicago for College Fashion Week, there isn’t a single bad memory. Although, my favorite on-campus memory probably has to be my annual birthday parties!

Favorite show to binge watch?

Parks and Rec or New Girl— I like to think I’m an even mix of Leslie Knope and Jessica Day.

What made you want to join HC as a freshman?

I knew I wanted to be part of this org when I saw the booth at the org fair! I’m beyond thankful I reached out and contacted the previous EIC!

How has HC impacted your life?

Her Campus has changed my career path. This company has shaped my leadership style and taught me how to take constructive criticism (there’s nothing scarier than 50+ women telling you they don’t like your idea…). I’ve become addicted to my planner, so HC has definitely made me more organized, and I like to think I’ve become a better listener.

What are you plans for after graduation?

That’s a great question… I’ll let you know when I decide. My family is in the process of moving, so my options are completely open. I know what I want to do, but I haven’t decided where I want to end up. I definitely plan to pursue a career in public relations, social media marketing and/or talent acquisition. I’d love to open my own company one day! Also, I’m getting a puppy.

Favorite non HC activities in Madison?

I co-lead another student org at UW called Eye to Eye. We’re a national non-profit that pairs college kids with learning disabilities or ADHD with middle school students who have a similar label, and then mentor them through weekly art projects. I love spending an hour a week volunteering for things so close to my heart—teaching self advocacy and art!

We want to thank Maddie for her dedication and great leadership. We’ll miss you next year!!

Hallie Heath

Wisconsin '18

Hi guys, I'm Hallie! I'm now graduated from undergrad and law school at UW-Madison.
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!