Campus Profile: Lily Roter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Meet Lily: she’s a bubbly, enthusiastic, Humorology-loving junior here at UW-Madison. Lily is pursuing a computer science major — a predominantly-male career area — while working to get a certificate in education and educational services. Talk about a #STEMinist and a hard-worker.

1. Where are you from?

I’m from Highland Park, Illinois. It’s a suburb north of Chicago.

2. What are you involved in on campus?

I’m extremely involved with my sorority, Chi Omega. I’m also very involved in Humorology, the philanthropy of UW-Madison’s Greek life. I was a cast member during my freshman year and progressed to become a director my sophomore year. I love Humorology — it’s the best part of Wisconsin! Unfortunately, I can’t do Humo this year because I’m studying abroad in Florence next semester; but I’m still helping out when I have time.

Lily during the 69th annual Humorology show last year.

3. Besides Humo, what is your favorite part about being in the Greek community?

Since Wisconsin is such a huge school, joining the Greek community helped me make my closest circle of friends and made the entire school feel a lot smaller (in a good way). My favorite philanthropy is Make A Wish because that’s what Chi O supports. 

4. What do you want to do after you finish college?

I’m a super indecisive person, and I know I will pick one thing and change it a bunch of times. But with my major, Google would be the best case scenario. I also want to be happy at wherever I end up, though — that’s one of the most important parts to me.

5. Favorite shows currently?

How I Met Your Mother. I could watch it all day, every day; I could watch it on repeat. I’m also in the middle of Shameless.

6. If you could go to any place in the world, where would it be and why?

I would definitely want to go to Australia because I’ve never been there. I really, really want to experience that at some point in my life.

7. If you could give your freshman-year self advice, what would it be?

To stay in less and live your life; to just take in every single moment because it really does fly by. Definitely take more videos— download the app “One Second A Day”! Don’t stress because it’ll all be okay in the end. I always really liked and tried to listen to the quote, “it’ll all be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end.”

Follow Lily on Instagram@lilyroter
First-year student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Originally from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Hannah, originally from Milwaukee, WI is a Campus Correspondent for HC Wisconsin.  Hannah is a Senior and is studying Political Science and Psychology.  She aspires to work in health policy and will run for office one day.  She is never seen without a cup of coffee in hand and loves to eat any food in sight, especially sushi.  Outside of school, Hannah frequents Badger sporting events and likes to hang out with her friends on the weekends finding new things to do and new places to eat.  Hannah also runs her own Mary Kay business and is obsessed with keeping up with the latest makeup trends! This will be her seventh semester on the Her Campus team, and she loves the org more and more each semester!  It is Hannah's favorite thing that she is involved in on campus and highly recommends anyone with an interest in writing, journalism, or blogging to get involved, you won't regret it! On Wisconsin!!