This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Meet Julie Thorn. She’s a Chicago, IL native and currently studying Biology with a minor in German (she’s basically fluent). She’s exceptionally intelligen and a future PA. When she’s not studying, she’s watching Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Ladies of London, and House.  Also, she’s one of the fabulous roommates of yours truly.

You’ll be graduating in May and leaving Madison. What do you love about having been here for the last four years?

Madison is charming. It has the perfect big city feel without being overwhelming. I love all of the boutiques on State Street. Both State Street and The Terrace provide a completely different, unique aspect to the Madison experience that my friends who went to other colleges don’t understand. These are what I’ll miss most when I leave.

So, what are you most excited about for the actual graduation day and for post-graduate life?

I’m excited for the day of graduation, and the experience of being done, at least with my undergrad. It’ll be very bittersweet. As for my post-grad life, I still have to go to Physician’s Assistant school, so I’m not quite done. When I finally do finish, I can’t wait to have a fulfilling career and finally get to do lots of traveling.

Where’s your first trip going to be to?

I really want to go back to Luebeck, Germany where I went for an exchange program in high school. I love Germany and the German language. I know many people don’t think the language is beautiful, but I think it’s a unique language and it’s really beautiful in its own way. Germany is a great mix of old and new; there’s the charm of the old villages mixed with the cool of Berlin. The mix of classic and urban modernity is incredible, and I love being able to be a part of my German ancestry.

How have you changed in the last four years?

I’ve learned a lot about myself, and I’m much more independent. Madison has taught me how to understand and learn about new perspectives in the context of various backgrounds.

What’s your advice to the underclassmen who are freaking out about their futures?

Take time to figure out what you want to do – don’t stress it. And don’t forget to take classes you enjoy!

I am a freshman at University of Wisconsin, Madison from Minneapolis, Minnesota. I'm studying Neurobiology and Spanish with the hope of attending medical school one day. I love food, fashion, coffee and traveling! My dream place to travel to is India. I plan on living in Seattle, Washington when I grow up!
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!