Campus Cutie: Gus the Corgi

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

There are plenty of cute guys on campus, but there’s only one Gus. If you ever need a cuddle buddy or a cutie to say hi to at the terrace, Gus is your man. He’s always ready for some love. He’s super cute — and he knows it!

Name: Gus

Nicknames: “Gussy”, “Chicken Nugget”, “Gus The Bus”

Hometown: Madison, WI

Breed: Corgi

Age: 2 in human years, 14 in dog years

Likes: Napping, food, his treat ball, cuddling and short walks on the beach

Dislikes: Waking up, garbage trucks, busses, fireworks, rain, thunderstorms, manicures and baths

Is he more outgoing or shy? Gus is super outgoing. He thinks everyone is out to pet him. He even prefers people over dogs at the dog park, if it means he gets a good petting.

Favorite spot on campus: For sure the terrace because there are a lot of people. If you can’t find Gus at the terrace, check by the food trucks. He loves it over there because people are always dropping food.

Favorite weekend activity: Definitely sleeping in

Favorite food: He loves pizza and peanut butter. He’s a fan of really anything he’s not supposed to have.

Least favorite food: Don’t try to feed Gus bananas, strawberries or peanut butter pretzels. He’s not a huge fan.

Bad habit(s): We all have our vices. Gus’ is laziness. When he can’t reach his toys he’ll lie down, moan or bark until someone comes help him.

Gus loves strangers, so don’t be afraid to say hi if you see him around campus. But, be forewarned, he has a big dog bark for a small dog his size. Don’t let that scare you, though — he’s a lover, not a fighter.

You can always see Gus strutting around campus, but also check out his Instagram @gusthecorgloaf for more of his cuteness.

I'm a junior at the University of Wisconsin Madison studying Neurobiology and Global Health. After graduation I hope to go to medical school and work with the World Health Organization. When I'm not cramming to catch up in classes, you can find me watching late night re-runs. I love to go hiking with my dog, prefer tea over coffee, and will never turn down a chance to go makeup shopping.
Hannah, originally from Milwaukee, WI is a Campus Correspondent for HC Wisconsin.  Hannah is a Senior and is studying Political Science and Psychology.  She aspires to work in health policy and will run for office one day.  She is never seen without a cup of coffee in hand and loves to eat any food in sight, especially sushi.  Outside of school, Hannah frequents Badger sporting events and likes to hang out with her friends on the weekends finding new things to do and new places to eat.  Hannah also runs her own Mary Kay business and is obsessed with keeping up with the latest makeup trends! This will be her seventh semester on the Her Campus team, and she loves the org more and more each semester!  It is Hannah's favorite thing that she is involved in on campus and highly recommends anyone with an interest in writing, journalism, or blogging to get involved, you won't regret it! On Wisconsin!!