Campus Cutie: Alex Conway

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Campus Cutie:  Alex Conway

Hometown:  Wauwatosa, WI

Major:  Biology, Pre-Med

Year in school:  Sophomore

Involvement on campus:  HOSA Professional Development Committee, various successful Intramural teams

What would be your dream spring break?

Considering the God-awful weather that we’ve been enduring the past 5 months along with the fact that the heat is broken in my room, I will literally take anywhere warm.  Oh, and it has to be all-inclusive, I don’t want to feel bad about drinking at noon and eating my body weight.

Most appealing trait in a girl?

This is a tough one.  I’d say if she has a good sense of humor and can make me laugh/laugh at herself that is incredibly attractive.  A great smile is another thing I notice really quickly.

Quote to live by?

“If you love something…set it free….unless it’s a tiger.”

How would you approach your celebrity crush if you saw them on the street?

If I’m being 100% honest I definitely wouldn’t even dare.  But if I were a more confident man and Jennifer Lawrence were walking down the street, I would go with something along the lines of, “Did you know I’ve been called a less muscular, larger-nosed Liam Hemsworth on more than one occasion?”

Biggest party foul you have committed?

My first night in Madison I knocked over and broke a beer bottle at a house party.  Somehow no one noticed and I literally kicked and swept everything I could under a couch as discreetly as possible.  Still waiting for karma to get me back for that one.

What is the most confusing thing that girls do?

Without a doubt going to the bathroom together.  Like I understand you guys are probably just talking about us, but is that really the place to do it?  I personally try and keep conversation to a minimum if I’m in the bathroom with my friends.

Go to party jam?

Another hard one.  Campus Cutie asks the tough questions.  I have literally never heard someone say, “No, don’t put on Roses by Outkast, that song blows.”  If I did, that’s a party I don’t particularly want to attend anyway.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Probably just leaving Medical School…which is preposterous and depressing.  But other than that I’ll hopefully be living in Chicago and starting a career.  If there happens to be a Claire to my Phil Dunphy I won’t complain, but it’s not a necessity.

What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done for a girl?

This question has made me realize how little chivalry I’ve exhibited in my life.   One time I spent an entire afternoon with my middle school girlfriend and her family.  If you guys remember middle school relationships that was a pretty big freaking deal.

How does it feel to be this week’s Campus Cutie?

I’m incredibly excited.  Maybe this will finally convince my roommates to change our WiFi password to something other than “Conwaysucks.”

Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com