Campus Celebrity: Taylor Vigani

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Meet this week’s campus celeb, Taylor Vigani is a member of Tangled Up In Blue, a well-known A cappella group on campus.

Major: Biology

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Menomonee Falls, WI

Tell us about TUIB.

Tangled Up In Blue is an all female A cappella group on campus. We practice two times a week for five hours total. There are 16 of us girls this semester and we’re divided up into four voice parts: soprano one, soprano two, alto one and alto two. Aside from those four parts, we typically will have someone beat-box and sing a solo.

What positions have you held while in this group?

I was Social Chair Fall of 2015. My overall role was to coordinate social events within our group and between other A cappella groups. Within our group I was in charge of spirit wear and creating activities that made everyone feel loved within the group. I planned our team camp, which is basically a retreat when we teach all of the newbies our music. In addition to all of that, the Social Chair plans “Aca-formal.”

Can you explain for us what Aca-Formal is?

It’s basically like a social for frats and sororities but just for A cappella groups. All seven A cappella groups rent out a venue (this year and last year it was at the Children’s Museum) and we get dressed up and mingle!

What types of songs do you typically sing?

We actually have a wide variety of songs. We sing R&B, pop, hip-hop, alternative, almost anything except for rock. We sing old and new songs too. It’s fun to sing multiple different genres and make them our own through our own arrangements – also known as the Tangled style!

What exactly is the “Tangled style?

The Tangled style is DIVA. We are sassy, powerful women with hella emotions. We end practice by putting our hands in the middle and saying, “DIVA!”

Have you had any solos?

Yes! Last year I sang “Lips Are Movin” by Meghan Trainor. Currently, I sing “Hold On” by Wilson Phillips and “Party” by Beyoncé mashed with “Trap Queen” by Fetty Wap. I also sing one of our newest arrangements “I Think I’m in Love” by Kat Dahlia.

What kind of events do you perform at?

We perform at a lot of student organization events on campus, or just events through UW. Some of those events include fundraisers like Relay for Life and BadgerThon events. We’ve also performed at high school events within the area or state. Then for the big shebang, at the end of each semester we always have a big show where we showcase all of the songs we’ve sang that semester.

What’s your favorite part about TUIB?

Within TUIB, I love the friendships I’ve made. I feel like it’s introduced me to people I would not have normally met or became friends with. We are all so different, but we share the common love for singing and we all get along so well!

How can someone get involved?

We have auditions every semester (fall and spring) where ladies are able to sign up for a time slot or just walk in. We always encourage girls to try out because we love getting newbies and spreading the diva love! But I understand singing isn’t for everyone, so if that’s the case then just give us a like on Facebook and come on out to our showcase this spring on April 29th at the Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center!

Food lover - dance enthusiast - professional napper.
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!