This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

We’ve all been in the position where stress takes the wheel and we have zero time for absolutely anything else. This means working out, hanging with friends, and sometimes even eating gets pushed aside. However, not all students are like this. Even on top of all of his school work (Econ major too!), Michael Gray was able to establish a local water cooler business, CollegeCoolers, to serve students in Madison.

How did you first get involved in CollegeCoolers?

I am in a fraternity, and as a fraternity the business gets passed down from the seniors to the next upper classman. Myself and two other co-owners we’re lucky enough to inherit this business for two years. In addition, we ended up buying the stock from the previous company for a fee.

What position do you hold for CollegeCoolers? How time consumer is it?

I am the co-owner and the CEO of CollegeCoolers. It is very time consuming for the first few months of school and then afterwards its really just work on Fridays when we deliver the water. It takes up my whole Friday.

How many people do you distribute to?

We distribute about 100 coolers a week, with about 40 jugs.

How do you advertise CollegeCoolers around campus?

We use social media, flyers, and a lot of word of mouth.

Do you hope to make this a larger company in the future?

No, because when I graduate, it will be passed along to the next group of kids and hopefully they will use the foundation that they created.

Has being a large part of CollegeCoolers helped you in other aspects of your life? (such as school, jobs)

Yes, it definitely has helped me with my time management and my ability in sales. Since I am in such close contact with our accountant, it has given me a better understanding of taxes and how to run a company.

Do you have any advice for people looking to establish a successful start-up like CollegeCoolers?

Get involved with a campus business, no matter what position you take. It definitely has benefited me. Follow your dreams.

So when you’re finally sick of constantly purchasing packs of water bottles or refilling the Brita (because for some reason it only holds about 1 cup of water), you should certainly look into CollegeCoolers for a great deal!

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!