Campus Celebrity: Kallan Swenson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

This week’s campus celebrity has got it going on. Kallan Swenson is sweet, stunning, and spontaneous! Not only does she balance academics and Greek life, but also has a modeling contract, something far from the realm of any of our experiences. She lives the dream of many girls in a classy and modest way. Who knows… maybe she will end up marrying her celebrity crush, the possibilities are endless for the already very involved freshman.

Major: Retail

Year: Freshman

Campus Involvement: Greek Life (Alpha Phi)

When did you become involved in modeling? The summer before my senior year of high school I signed with Ignite, based out of Minneapolis. I had only considered looking into the industry for a few months prior before signing with Ignite, but it was after talking to a family friend who signed with them a couple years ago that swayed my decision. I was fortunate enough to sign with Wilhelmina-Miami over the summer, and traveled down there for a week.

Who’s your inspiration? I LOVE Emily DiDonato’s look, something about her is so striking! She has done a lot for Guess, Victoria’s Secret, Maybelline, etc.

What’s your favorite spring trend? I think bright lips are always a fun way to play up an outfit. Accessories are my favorite part of an outfit, so of course I’d also say unique sunglasses or statement necklaces. Neons have come and gone in the past couple years, so I’d like to think we’ll be seeing a lot of pastels instead.

How do you manage to stay fit/healthy? I’ve been a member of Anytime Fitness for a couple years now, so having one on campus is so convenient. I typically go four times a week, even if it’s not a hard workout it’s at least something to get me out of the stuffy dorms. If I have to study for a test, I’ll look over notes while riding a bike. This at least makes me feel like I’m being slightly more productive…I can’t wait for the spring weather when I can take the activities outdoors. Jogging up to picnic point the first month of school was so fun!

Favorite photo shoot?! Ooh, this one is tough! One of my very first ones was for an event called “Midnight in Morocco,” so it was Moroccan themed. That one always stands out in my mind because of the dramatic makeup and clothing that I wore. Of course I really enjoyed the Minnesota Bride shoot as well, wearing that many different wedding dresses in one day was definitely memorable!

Celebrity crush: Ryan Gosling (that one is kind of a given), or Beau Mirchoff from Awkward.

Dream date: Anything on a summer night: bonfire, stargazing, going to eat downtown

Fun fact: I am the least picky eater-I will try anything! My favorite food is definitely either sweet potatoes or peanut butter, though.

I am currently a sophomore at University of Wisconsin- Madison pursuing a degree in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication.  As Campus Correspondent of Her Campus, Wisconsin chapter I am passionate about current events and can be found browsing any and every article that pops- up on my Facebook newsfeed. 
Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com