This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

College is a time when we’re truly tested.  We get to meet new people, try new things, and go out of our comfort zone.  It’s the first time we’re really on our own, independent, and we are given the opportunity to make our mark.  Meet Giselle Blocker, a sophomore who has worked tirelessly to make a difference here.  Giselle has made a great impact by starting her own club, JIGGLE.  Like everything else in her life, Giselle has truly put her whole heart into this club and her devotion and commitment is unmatched.

1.   Tell us a little bit about JIGGLE.

JIGGLE, aka the Jewish-Greek League is a fairly new club here aimed towards connecting Jewish students involved in Greek Life. Often people in different sororities and fraternities don’t have the opportunity to meet one another outside their own chapter, the Jiggle aims fix this, through helping to foster friendships. Our goal is to help enhance the Greek community, as well as the Jewish community, through fun and philanthropic events/activities, in hopes of creating bonds with students amongst different houses.

2.   What made you want to start your own club in college?

When I put my mind to something and set goals for myself, I do everything I can to achieve those goals. After joining a sorority, I noticed that I was primarily meeting girls only in my house and I wanted to make friends outside of my own sorority. I chose to get involve, meet new people and then encourage my new friends to get involved. That is when I teamed up with Hillel to create a student org that would aim to both engage students and encourage new friendships. I was able to bring my goals to campus.

3.   What has been the best part, the most rewarding, of starting JIGGLE?

The most rewarding thing about Jiggle is being able to help leave a legacy for both the Greek and Jewish community. I can look back and say that I was a part of helping create a more inclusive and more welcoming Jewish-Greek community.

4.   What does JIGGLE look like from behind the scenes? What extra work do you have to put in that no one else really gets to see?

Jiggle has an AMAZING team of students that are dedicated to the goal of creating a better community. Every member puts in a lot of time and energy into making the org a success. 

5.   Based on your experience starting a club and getting so involved, what advice would you give to other students?

My advice to students is to get involved!!! Whether it is joining an existing club or starting your own, the best way to meet new people and to have fun in between all the school work is to join a club. You just might meet some of your best friends this way, I know I did.

Take your chance now, do something different, apply yourself, give back to the community, meet people, set goals, make some sort of change. Giselle’s passion and dedication should be an inspiration to us all.

Jami Gross

Wisconsin

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!