Campus Celebrity: Future UW Hockey Players Jason Ford and Keegan Ford

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

This week’s campus celebrity is unique in the fact that it’s two people, and they aren’t attending UW Madison…yet! Two brothers, Jason Ford and Keegan Ford, who have played hockey together since they were little, are taking the title of campus celebrities because they will both be joining the men’s hockey team in the fall. A pair of brothers has not joined the UW Men’s Hockey Team in the same year in nearly a quarter century, so these guys are pretty special. I went to the same high school as these two, so I can tell you from personal experience that the Ford’s work some magic on the ice when they play together, and I can’t wait to see them in Badger gear!

1) What are your thoughts on being able to play college hockey with your brother?

Jason: I think it’s awesome to be able to share such a cool experience with your brother. It’s special too because we’ve played a lot of hockey together growing up. Not many get to play at this high of level with their brother.

Keegan: It’s great to be able to play college hockey with my brother because we grew up playing together and not many people can say that played a college sport with their brother.

2) What Badger tradition are you looking forward to being a part of the most?

Jason: I think being able to come to school with great overall sports tradition like Wisconsin is something I’m looking forward to.

Keegan: I don’t know if there’s a certain tradition I’m looking forward to but I’m just excited to get on campus this summer.

3) Who is your inspiration when it comes to hockey, and why?

Jason: My biggest inspirations have been both my parents. My dad was coaching at Wisconsin while we were growing up, so he really got us into the game. Both of them have pushed us hard and that allowed us to go to a school that we both dreamed of.

Keegan: My dad is my inspiration because he got me into hockey and has helped me since I was a little kid.

4) Do you see yourself playing hockey after college or past the college level?

Jason: I really hope to play after college if that opportunity presents itself.

Keegan: I would love to be able to have an opportunity to play after college but I guess we just have to wait and see what happens

Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com