This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Ever wanted to record a moment and have it resurface in the future just for a good laugh or to reminisce on old memories? Well, that is possible with the newly created app called BackFlash. After receiving many notifications saying “You’ve been BackFlashed,” I became curious to find out more about this app. Its popularity has reached great heights due to its ability to bring back amazing reminiscences of the past.

What exactly is BackFlash? BackFlash is a mobile application for iPhones and androids that can be downloaded on the app store for free. It allows the user to send a video into the future to a virtual time capsule, and select a date and time (can be an hour, week, month, or even years). The video disappears until that date and time arrives where you get a notification saying your BackFlash is ready to be viewed.

Who is the brains behind this app? Elliot Mossanen was the brains behind this app. Since its initial stages of development we have collaborated as a family to make it what it is today.

What type of audience is BackFlash the most attracting to? The cool thing about BackFlash is that it targets all age groups. It can be used by high school aged kids to make predictions on which universities they will attend and set it for graduation. My grandma lives in Canada and whenever she visits she takes backflashes of her grandkids and sets them for a future date where she knows she’ll be apart from us.  

What sparked the inspiration for the creation of this app? When Elliot was a sophomore in college he went out one night with his friends. He took a snapchat of one of his friends accidentally pouring his drink onto a girl he was trying to impress. He forgot to send the snapchat and when he woke up the next morning the snapchat was still there. He realized how much more gratifying it was seeing it in the morning as opposed to instantly. This is how the idea of BackFlash came about.

What do you think the future holds for BackFlash? I am confident when I say one day BackFlash will be as widely used as Snapchat. We just need to spread the word.

Thanks to the creation of BackFlash no moment in time ever has to be forgotten.

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!