Campus Catwalk: Kelly Daly

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Campus Catwalk: Kelly Daly

Major: Broadcast Journalism

Campus Involvement: 

Living at Kappa Kappa Spring Street keeps me pretty occupied, with all our philanthropy events, socials, etc.

On the weekends you will find her:

Saying I’m going to stay in and study, being easily persuaded to go out, and telling myself the next day in bed, usually with a McFlurry in hand, that I need to get my life together.

Favorite place in Madison:

The Union terrace in the summer can’t be beat. Otherwise the Discovery Institute is my favorite study spot; it actually feels like you’re in a jungle.

Describe your style.

My style is honestly always changing; I feel that it all depends on the day and my mood.

What’s your philosophy when it comes to accessorizing?

It’s all about balance. I can’t stand when people wear a bold necklace with dangly earrings or vice versa. I think it’s best to have one statement piece of jewelry and leave it at that. You can never go wrong with some casual bracelets either.

Top 3 most wanted fashion items:

Sketcher shape-ups, floral Crocs, and sparkly Uggs. I guess I’m just a shoe person.

What’s your most prized piece of clothing you own?

I don’t really have one “prized” piece, but I couldn’t live without my favorite black dress or colored jeans and jean button-up.

What is something you’d never be caught dead wearing and why? 

I just could never do one of those knit headbands with the flowers.

Whose style do you admire and why?

I think Gwen Stefani makes such bold style statements, and I wish I could do the same. She’s also always rocking the red lipstick; it’s kind of her trademark, which is cool.

Where are you favorite places to shop? 

In-store I’d say Urban Outfitters, TJ Maxx, and H & M. You also can’t go wrong at Macy’s or Nordstrom! Online Asos and Nastygal are my favorites.

Do you prefer in store or online?

Online- I love that you don’t have to search around for the right size

How do you approach dressing on the weekdays? Weekends?

During the week I tend to rotate between leggings, yoga pants, and an oversized shirt of some sort, because sleep takes priority over dressing cute. On the weekends I just get ready with da roomies and pregame and then the Burnettes just makes every outfit look better.

Celeb wardrobe you’d kill to have?

Blake Lively or Brooklyn Decker’s: I feel like they have similar pieces, and dressed up or down, their outfits always look effortlessly put together. Later on in life I’d love to emulate Victoria Beckham’s business-y style as well.

Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com