Campus Catwalk: Jaynie Siegel

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Campus Catwalk: Jaynie Siegel

Hometown: Livingston, NJ

Year: Sophomore

Major: Journalism and Legal Studies

Campus Involvement: Spoon Magazine, PRSSA, Alpha Epsilon Phi Sorority

Who is your favorite designer?

It’s funny… I have a lot of favorite designers, so it’s hard for me to choose, but I especially love Tom Ford because he makes the most attractive and flattering suits and tuxedos for men, and what girl can resist a handsome guy in a handsome suit?

Whose celebrity style do you love or would love to have?

I would probably say Olivia Palermo, because she is iconic for her classic and unique fashion sense. I definitely look to her for much of my fashion inspiration.

Do you look at blogs or websites for style inspiration? If so, which ones and why?

StyleCaster is a huge go-to for me, because there’s hefty dose of both fashion/pop culture news, and trend reports. It’s a growing company with a lot to offer for the fashion world, so I read it very often. I also love “Into the Gloss”, “WhoWhatWear”, and Man Repeller. 

How would you describe your style?

My style is VERY eclectic, but I always stay true to my brand. I went to a preppy high school, but I also appreciate bold, edgy, and daring pieces. One morning I could wake up saying I want to imitate a Vineyard Vines model, and the next morning I could aspire to wear the trendiest clothes. I also wear a lot of dark colors, like black, navy, and burgundy. My take on fashion is always changing, so I welcome any and all inspiration I come across.

What’s your go-to outfit for a night out?

Some kind of flared or skinny black jeans, black wedges or pumps, and a top that brings some life and color to the outfit. I also love a good black shoulder bag or clutch with some accents, like studs or buckles.

What’s your go-to outfit day outfit?

Typically I wear whatever I feel most comfortable in, but I like to look presentable. On any given day, you could see me wearing boyfriend jeans, jeggings or patterned leggings, a white button-down or a comfy sweater, and Uggs or tall riding boots. I am also a big fan of beanies – those are a big staple in my everyday wardrobe!

What’s your favorite fashion trend right now?

I LOVE the grunge/punk trend right now! The heavy buckled boots, the plaid, the vintage-inspired rock band tees. I was actually one of the first people my age to buy Doc Martens a couple years ago, and originally, people made so much fun of me because they seemed too “punk” or “different from my preppy style”. I almost loved wearing my Docs simply because they were so risky for me. Now, you see women of all ages wearing Docs of all colors and patterns!! I definitely support punk fashion, and my style shows that.

Do you have any experience in the fashion industry or want to be in that industry?

I just started breaking into the fashion industry in August when I became the Key Relationships Manager at an NYC-based non-profit called United Colors of Fashion. UCOF provides under-privileged individuals with fashion education that they wouldn’t otherwise have access to – that way, they can one day contribute their passions and talents to the fashion world. Also, I just accepted a summer internship position at Nanette Lepore for next summer. I will be working with the Public Relations team, and attending New York Fashion Week 2014! Working in NYC, let alone at one of the most successful fashion houses in the world, is my dream, so I am excited to finally start living it.

What are you favorite stores?

All Saints and Ralph Lauren are two of my favorite stores, because the clothing is indicative of my style. I also love Blue and Cream, which is in NYC.

Ava Paradise is currently a sophomore at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Journalism and Mass Communication 
Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com