Campus Catwalk: Effortless fall fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

I’m disappointed in myself to admit that even with 3 years of college under my belt, I still find it difficult to look great and feel comfy for early classes without sacrificing some good fashion sense.

After finding a seat and peering the classroom of my 9:30 AM media planning power lecture, it was very apparent that Casey does not face similar challenges.

Dressed head-to-toe in a neutral ensemble, this blonde beauty managed to tackle the two most important aspects of a fall outfit: layers and comfort, while also managing to perfectly accessorize.

Light jackets are very functional for morning classes because it is often chilly outside on the walk to campus and warmer closer to noon. Casey selected a loose-fitting shirt topped with a lightweight camo jacket: two compatible layering pieces.

Since recently becoming an advocate of camouflage, (I nearly cried when THIS was backordered until December…) I have decided this boyish pattern is a great way to take a breather from other neutral prints that seem to be overused in recent years. Yes, girls. I am referring to the leopard print epidemic that has brutally struck most of your closets.

Casey kept comfort a major priority by choosing plain black leggings and fringe booties for the bottom half of her fall ‘fit. These are a great option as we transition out of summer weather and into autumn. They look great with fall jackets and light sweaters without coming on too strong with heavier boots this early in October. (Confession: A pair of THESE Minnetonka’s are being shipped to my house next week!)

So with this fab outfit, you’d think she’d slip up on adding on some great accessories, right? WRONG. Thicker frames are a cute way to skip contacts in the morning and she killed it with her jewelry selection.

Overall, I would have to say the best aspect of Casey’s outfit was her genuine lack of effort in assembling such a perfect look for school. Her response when I asked for a picture? “Oh my gosh. Are you sure? I look like such a dork!” Honey, you couldn’t look farther from one!

Jenna is a senior at the University of Wisconsin studying Strategic Communication within the School of Journalism. Her work experience as a Campus Fashionista for Vince Camuto and American Eagle Outfitters has further intensified her love-affair with the retail industry. Jenna would spend every day of her life at music festivals if she could afford it! She also enjoys dancing, traveling and cheering on the Wisconsin Badgers at home football games. After interning with globally recognized media agency, Starcom MediaVest Group this past summer, Jenna is confident she belongs in the advertising world and is determined to find her niche as a Chicago resident upon graduation. 
Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com