Campus Catwalk: Chloe Butler

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Campus Catwalk: Chloe Butler

Hometown: Essex Fells, NJ

Year: Freshman

Major: Prospective Communication major

What’s your go-to look for a day of class?

It depends on the day.  I like to have a nice mixture between comfortable and chic.  A cute sweater with colored jeans, and a black boot is my go-to outfit for the Madison weather.  And then you dress it up with some accessories.

What or who do you look toward for inspiration?

Two places.  One, Instagram; I follow everyone from Rachel Zoe to Barney’s to runway models.  And second, my mother.  She worked in fashion for years as a buyer.  She worked with many top designers and she just has an eye for fashion.  She’s always ahead of the times, even though she’s behind the times.

Chloe and her mother in NYC for a day of shopping

What’s your favorite trend right now? Least favorite?

All white in the winter is my favorite trend.  My least favorite is probably sneaker wedges.  Sneakers and wedges shouldn’t go one in one because they strive to create different looks.  I find sneakers to be a great athletic or masculine alternative to a feminine outfit, whereas sneaker wedges are not.

If you could sit front-row at any show at New York Fashion Week, which show would it be?

I would probably be at Prada because I’m just obsessed with the clothing.  But, Alexander McQueen is more than just a fashion show; it’s a complete artistic movement.  I watch his fashion shows online, so I would love to see it in person.  I would have a hard time choosing between the two.

What are your favorite stores?

I like Aritzia; I like Bergdorf’s, I kind of just pretend I can shop there.  I shop at Bloomingdale’s too, but I don’t really have much of a staple.

Hi everybody! I'm Kerry, a freshman at UW-Madison majoring in Journalism with a Digital Studies certificate. I am passionate about writing about all things beauty, love, and many other fascinating facets of life. I'd love for you to join me as I write about my journey through college!
Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com