Campus Catwalk: Angela Boehm

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Browsing social media, it might sound like everyone is stressed out and tired enough to show up to every class in sweats and hoodie. In reality, there are so many people with great style every day. This week’s Campus Catwalk pick is Angela Boehm.

Where are you from?

Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

Year in school:

Junior

Major:

Communication Arts

How would you describe your style?

I would describe my style as comfortable and no-fuss. I feel like I am always in class, so I like to wear something that is comfortable, yet cute. If I ever resort to wearing sweat pants, I try to pair it with a cute headband, scarf, or even the perfect shade of lip-gloss so I feel somewhat presentable.

What is your favorite piece of clothing you own?

My favorite piece of clothing that I own is a recently bought button down jean shirt. It is the most versatile clothing item I own because I can wear it so many different ways, whether with leggings or colored skinny jeans. If I feel like dressing up a plain T-shirt, I throw it on with a statement necklace.

Where do you usually shop?

I shop for clothing at affordable places. I usually start with Target or Kohls and always seem to find good deals there. As a college student, I try to keep in mind of a budget and try to limit my spending money, and I feel that starting at these stores help me do so. Other than that, I end up going to Charlotte Russe or Maurices for cute tops and sweaters.

Who is your style inspiration?

I would have to say my style inspiration is Serena van der Woodsen. What girl doesn’t love Gossip Girl? Every cast member has impeccable style on the show, and what is great is that you can mimic budget friendly clothing pieces like theirs’, although they won’t be designer pieces of course. Serena accessorizes with a lot of pretty headbands, as well as creates comfortable outfits that incorporate layering with sweaters to help with the cold fall days.

Thanks for sharing your style with us, Angela!

Taylor Shiff is a Senior at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, majoring in Communication Arts-Radio/TV/Film, with a Digital Studies certificate. She is a yogi, cupcake enthusiast and superfan of Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Lin-Manuel Miranda. Taylor is also the writer behind the blog, "Life in the Lost and Found Bin", at http://www.lifeinthelostandfoundbin.com
Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com