jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Block Him Like It’s Hot

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

We encounter all types of guys in college — some of them, wonderful… lots of them, not so wonderful. Living in a world with social media makes it very difficult to avoid the weirdos, the clingers and everyone in between. Here’s me telling YOU, you are obligated to NO ONE!

Here’s how you deal with the…

1. One-night stand

This could’ve been an trivial ongoing flirtation that lasted longer than one night. He doesn’t need to see your Instagram photos or when your grandma accidentally posts on your Facebook wall. You may have shared a connection, but you do not need to keep it.

2. Heartbreaker

Everyone knows a guy like him. He’s handsome, and he knows it; he’s charming, and he takes advantage of it; he’s the life of the party, but probably not the one you bring home during Christmas. Even though you know you deserve better, for some reason, you can’t help but reply immediately to his texts or jump at every opportunity to spend time together. Block him because you don’t need to see his posts or be sucked back in; bock him because he doesn’t even deserve to know what he’s missing; block him to confuse the hell out of him like he’s done a million times to you. Just get rid of him!

3. Angry guy who can’t take no for an answer

We all know this guy. He’s the one that replies to 80 percent of your Snapchat stories and has no problem sliding into your DMs after you post a selfie on Instagram. These messages are generally followed by an “Oh, you’re too good for me?” or “Okay, I see how it is.” Excuse me, sir? Since when do I owe you anything? There is no need to allow these type of guys make you feel guilty or ashamed. #Blocked

4. The sweet boyfriend who turned into a stage 5 clinger

Not everyone has this guy, but everyone knows the kind of guy I’m talking about. He treated you like a queen; but at the end of the day, it wasn’t what your heart wanted (you go, girl, do what you gotta do). However, he just couldn’t take the hit — he continued to text, call, or Snapchat. In extreme cases, he reaches out to a family member (this has actually happened to me before). As hard as it may be, sometimes the best thing to do is to just cut him off. You may have shared the greatest memories, but there’s no reason you need to feel like you owe him friendship after the fact, especially if it’s forced.

Call it savage, call it bitchy. At the end of the day, a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do!

Hannah, originally from Milwaukee, WI is a Campus Correspondent for HC Wisconsin.  Hannah is a Senior and is studying Political Science and Psychology.  She aspires to work in health policy and will run for office one day.  She is never seen without a cup of coffee in hand and loves to eat any food in sight, especially sushi.  Outside of school, Hannah frequents Badger sporting events and likes to hang out with her friends on the weekends finding new things to do and new places to eat.  Hannah also runs her own Mary Kay business and is obsessed with keeping up with the latest makeup trends! This will be her seventh semester on the Her Campus team, and she loves the org more and more each semester!  It is Hannah's favorite thing that she is involved in on campus and highly recommends anyone with an interest in writing, journalism, or blogging to get involved, you won't regret it! On Wisconsin!!