This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Socks are an undervalued winter accessory that can do more for you than just help you make an Instagram-worthy post. They can be worn for style on a day of classes, for warmth on a day of sledding, or for lounging on a day of Netflixing. There are seemingly endless styles of socks to choose from, and all of them have the power to help take your style (and comfort) to then next level. Here are some of the pairs and styles that we are obsessing over for winter!

COZY

These ski boot socks have a sweater pattern and feel that can keep you warm on the coldest of days. They are perfect even if you end up curling up by the fire with a book instead of skiing!

SPORTY

Varsity socks are a casual option that can be paired with simple outfits and give them a sporty vibe. The marled design on this pair is a good choice if you want them to be dressier than what you would wear for working out.

FESTIVE

No need to feel like it has to be December 25th to show your Christmas spirit. These holiday socks will keep your Christmas cheer up all winter long.

DRESSY

Ruffle trim socks are cute, girly, and add the perfect flair to your outfit. The ruffle detailing makes them perfect for pairing with booties and cuffing them over the top.

EVERYDAY

These knee high socks with buttons will match almost everything in your wardrobe. Let the buttons peek out to give your daily look a new visual appeal.

For living in cold climates, a wide collection of socks to meet all of your needs is essential. Stock up on them now! 

Born and raised in Wisconsin but a New York girl at heart. Kelsey is a junior at the University of Wisconsin-Madison majoring in Communication Arts and Theatre and Drama. She is a lover of fashion, iced coffee, and running. After school she plans to pursue a career in the fashion industry.
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!