The Best Ways To Treat Yourself For Under $20

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

I am a big believer in #treatyoself Tuesday or pretty much any day.  Midterms are almost over, so it’s time to celebrate.  Here are some opportunities to do nice things for yourself that won’t break the bank. 

1. Trader Joe’s Flowers

Trader Joe’s sells $3.99, $5.99, and $9.99 flower bouquets.  They’ll cheer you up all week–plus, they smell great.

2. Buy yourself a sweet treat, like a Greenbush Bakery donut or a Lane’s Bakery and Coffee Kringle If you haven’t had either of these you’re missing out.  Greenbush (On Regent Street) starts at $1 per donut and is open late.  Lane’s Bakery and Coffee kringles sells kringles starting at $10.50.  Don’t worry the kringles are huge, but you can still probably eat one in a single sitting.  They’re definitely worth the calories.  

3. Have a crepe and coffee at Bradbury’s

After spending a year in Paris, I’ve learned it’s almost impossible to still be sad after eating a crepe.  Try out this cute restaurant located by the capitol.  It’s a tiny space but well worth it. (Website)

4. Take a yoga class

Finding time to work out always makes you feel better.  Try taking a yoga class at The Studio or even finding time to head down to the SERF.  There are tons of great workout facilities in Madison.  (Website)

5.     Enjoy $5 movie Thursdays at Marcus Point Cinemas

There are several locations around the Madison area, and on Thursdays students get $5 tickets and free popcorn.  What could be better? (Website)

Always remember to take time for yourself, even if it’s just a few minutes every day!

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!