Hero Images with HC Branding 13?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Hero Images with HC Branding 13?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Tim Wildsmith
Wellness

The Best Quotes from Milk and Honey

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

“Milk and Honey” is a gift from Rupi Kaur that every man and woman should read. This short book is split into four chapters: the hurting, the loving, the breaking, and the healing. Each section is as hauntingly beautiful as the last— dealing with love, hurt, loss, and femininity.

While every page contains exquisite poetry, I have a few favorites that I believe everyone should know and remember.

1. “You were so afraid of my voice I decided to be afraid of it too.”

2. “If I knew what safety looked like I would have spent less time falling into arms that were not.”

3. “You are the faint line between faith and blindly waiting.”

4. “I am a museum full of art but you had your eyes shut.”

5. “Do not look for healing at the feet of those who broke you.”

6. “If you were born with the weakness to fall you were born with the strength to rise.”

7. “It takes grace to remain kind in cruel situations.”

8. “If the hurt comes so will the happiness.”

9. “You are your own soulmate.”

I think it is so easy to lose ourselves in the bitterness in our lives today. “Milk and Honey” captures the pain but also the sweetness that comes from life’s hard times. If you haven’t yet, make sure you pick up a copy and read the whole book.

Until then, I hope you take note of a few of these quotes and think of them as you go through your day-to-day life.

Cover Photo Credit

I am a senior at the greatest university— the University of Wisconsin. I am in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication, double tracking in reporting and strategic communications and earning a certificate in and Digital Studies. I am a lover of dance, hiking, writing for Her Campus, the Badgers and strawberry acais. I am also a president of Her Campus Wisconsin.
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!