Best Places to Shop on State Street

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

College is a demanding time for a girl’s closet.  Themed parties left and right, game day apparel, and stocking up for the frigid Wisconsin winters.  Most of us college shoppers don’t have a car on campus, so when there’s a need to shop, we need somewhere we can walk to.  That leaves State Street.  Although there aren’t many clothing stores on State, you can find whatever you need, as long as you know where to look. Here’s a list of our favorite stores!             

1. Urban Outfitters

We’re all familiar with Urban Outiffers.  Probably a little “too” familiar if you ask our wallets.  But the fact remains, it’s popular for a reason.  Whenever you’re in the need of going out clothes, cute little gifts, or gorgeous jewelry, Urban is your store.  The prices aren’t cheap, but during a sale you can stock up your closet without completely breaking the bank. 

2. Citrine

Sorority girls- listen up.  When formal season finally comes around, you can skip the frantic online shopping and head straight to this adorable boutique on state.  The prices are a little high, but hey, it’s formal.  Sometimes it’s okay to splurge! 

3. American Apparel

If you’re ever in need of casual pieces for class or just hanging out, make sure to check out American Apparel.  The clothes are reasonably priced and they’re the perfect mix of going out and causal. 

4. Jazzman

Guys, this one is for you.  Jazzman on state is by far the classiest men’s clothing store I’ve ever been in.  From boots to ties to trendy vests, this store is perfect for any guy, no matter what their style. 

5. Bop

One thing to note before walking into Bop, it’s not for a girl on a budget; but boy do you get your money’s worth:  Marc by Marc Jacobs, Rag & Bone, Tori Burch, J Brand, find them all here on the polished, well stocked shelves.  Follow them on social media to receive 15% off your purchase the week of your birthday! 

Never again will you have to order eight dresses in three different sizes and hassle with deciding which ones to mail back.  Use this guide and it’ll be easy to find exactly what you need on State!

Madison Krigbaum

Wisconsin '18

.
Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com