This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

It’s officially fall, which means that the air is colder and our skin is starting to dry out. While most of us collegiettes are seemingly busy 24/7, it can be hard to find time during the day to take care of ourselves – especially our skin. To make matters even more challenging, it can be hard to know which moisturizers are right for our skin, and whether they are worth the money or not. If you’re struggling to find the right moisturizer for you, never fear! We’ve compiled a list of products that are good for skin types from extra-dry to oily skin and range from inexpensive to splurges.

1.     For Extra Dry Skin:

If you have extra dry skin, then you know that using moisturizer is essential to your daily routine. Dermatologists recommend that people with extra dry skin use products that are gel or cream-based for optimal hydration. For a budget-friendly option, try the L’Oreal Paris Hydra Genius Daily Hydration Day & Night Moisturizer, which retails for less than $20 at drugstores.

If you’re willing to splurge on your skincare, this Clinique Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator is a gel-cream that provides instant moisture that lasts up to 72 hours. This moisturizer has ~glowing~  reviews (see what we did there?) and many people consider it to be their holy-grail product. This product ranges from $12-52.50, depending on size, and can be found at Sephora, Ulta and online.

2.     For Dry Skin:

It can be hard to find a moisturizer that truly helps relieve dry skin. Try this CeraVe Moisturizing Cream for Normal to Dry Skin, which can be found at the drugstore for less than $10. This moisturizer was developed with dermatologists, and it not only works to provide 24-hour hydration but also helps restore the protective skin barrier.

Another option for those with dry skin is to use a skin oil, such as the Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate & Glow Oil, which retails for $44. Skin oils such as this one are good for dry skin because they absorb into the skin right away and contain antioxidants and other ingredients that help to lock in moisture. You can use a skin oil in the morning and at night, or you can mix a few drops in with your foundation or tinted moisturizer instead of using a primer.

3.     For Combination Skin:

It can be tricky to find the right products for combination skin since it can have both oily and dry spots. However, this Oil-Free Moisturizer for Combination Skin by Neutrogena is specially formulated for this skin type. It features a lightweight formula that moistens dry areas while also controlling shine in the T-Zone. Plus, it can be found at drugstores for around only $12!

Philosophy’s Renewed Hope in a Jar is another moisturizer that many people with combination swear by. This special, non-greasy formula sinks into the skin and provides constant renewal, all while keeping skin hydrated and glowy all day long. You can find this moisturizer at Sephora, Ulta or online for $39.

4.     For Oily Skin:

If you have oily skin, finding a moisturizer that is lightweight and oil-free is key. This Oil Free Moisturiser by Clean & Clear helps moisturize skin as well as prevent acne from forming. Its oil-free formula won’t clog your pores, and it also contains salicylic acid, which helps fight pimples from forming. This moisturizer can be found at drugstores for less than $10!

A pricier option for a moisturizer formulated for oily skin is the Origins Original Skin Matte Moisturizer with Willowherb ($35), which is a cult favorite. This gel moisturizer absorbs quickly into the skin and can be used alone as a moisturizer or underneath makeup as a primer. As a bonus, it also helps to even skin tone and give the appearance of smaller pores.

5.     For Sensitive Skin:

Finding products that work well with sensitive skin can be tricky since you never know which ingredients could cause irritation. For sensitive skin, it is important to look for products that are fragrance-free.  This Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer is oil-free, hypoallergenic and contains SPF 15. This moisturizer can be found at drugstores for less than $15.

A more high-end moisturizer option for those with sensitive skin is the Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream, which retails for $29.50. This product reduces dryness and lasts for 24 hours. Its unique formula absorbs moisture from the air and helps reduce moisture loss. This facial cream is great for sensitive skin, as it is not greasy and is unscented.

Taking care of your skin is oh-so-important, but it can be hard, especially when you’re not sure which moisturizer is right for your skin type. Whether you choose a drugstore brand or decide to treat yo’ self to high-end skincare, keep your skin hydrated and let your inner beauty glow all season long!

Hannah, originally from Milwaukee, WI is a Campus Correspondent for HC Wisconsin.  Hannah is a Senior and is studying Political Science and Psychology.  She aspires to work in health policy and will run for office one day.  She is never seen without a cup of coffee in hand and loves to eat any food in sight, especially sushi.  Outside of school, Hannah frequents Badger sporting events and likes to hang out with her friends on the weekends finding new things to do and new places to eat.  Hannah also runs her own Mary Kay business and is obsessed with keeping up with the latest makeup trends! This will be her seventh semester on the Her Campus team, and she loves the org more and more each semester!  It is Hannah's favorite thing that she is involved in on campus and highly recommends anyone with an interest in writing, journalism, or blogging to get involved, you won't regret it! On Wisconsin!!