toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Best Halloween Episodes of Your Favorite TV Shows

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Halloween is coming, and you’ve already watched all the typical seasonal movies in preparation. If you’re not sure you can handle one more rerun of Hocus Pocus (is this even possible?), start working your way through this list of all the Halloween episodes of your favorite TV sitcoms and dramas. An excuse to watch your favorite shows and be festive for fall? What could be better!

1. New Girl

Season 2, Episode 6: “Halloween”

Remember when Jess, the least intimidating TV character in the world, decided to work at a haunted house? Same.

Season 3, Episode 6: “Keaton”

Poor Schmidt… his best friend has been a lifelong joke. Hate to see it happen.

2. Parks and Recreation

Season 2, Episode 7: “Greg Pikitis”

Some serious costume inspiration going on in this episode.

Season 4, Episode 5: “Meet ‘n’ Greet”

Lesson 101: If you throw a party for Halloween this year, make sure all your roommates know.

3. The Office

Season 2, Episode 5: “Halloween”

Jim and Pam, nothing melts our hearts more.

Season 7, Episode 6: “Costume Contest”

The image of Gabe dressed as Lady Gaga is something I never asked to see.

4. How I Met Your Mother

Season 1, Episode 6: “The Slutty Pumpkin”

Poor Ted — still the epitome of average even when it comes to Halloween costumes.

Season 7, Episode 8: “The Slutty Pumpkin Returns”

Of course, it’s absolutely necessary you watch the follow-up episode.

5. Pretty Little Liars

Season 2, Episode 13: “The First Secret”

Although all the PLL episodes could technically be considered Halloweeney (talk about spooky!) this episode is the liar’s first Halloween since Ali went missing, and it’s a doozy.

Season 3, Episode 13: “This is a Dark Ride”

You just have to wonder, did the liars really think getting on something called the “Ghost Train” would be a smart idea in their situation?

Thank God Netflix lets you jump from one tv show to the next with a click of a button! Find your favorite Halloween-themed episodes, gather your closest ghoulfriends, and get ready for a night of scares and laughter.

UW-Madison • Journalism: Double-tracking Reporting and Strategic Communications with a Certificate in Digital Studies