The Best Graduation Dresses: Splurge vs. Save

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

As classes wind down and finals are underway, if you’re a senior there’s one more important task you must complete before graduation: find the perfect dress! Even though we’ll all be wearing the same lovely black robe, as we enter the next chapter of our lives, we’d like to do so in style. I’m not quite sure whose idea it was to wear white on graduation, but it seems to be an age-old tradition. For high school graduation, I rocked a flower print dress, so I’ll be breaking tradition again, this time in turquoise. Check out these fun, HC Wisco approved, graduation dresses, splurge vs. save edition!

For the floral fanatic…

Splurge:

Nordstrom, Tbags Los Angeles Knot Front Racerback Sundress, $188.00

Save:

Urban Outfitters, Kimchi Blue Floral Strapless Dress, $69.00

For the lace lover…

Splurge

Nordstrom, Cynthia Steffe Corded Lace Shift Dress, $278.00

Save:

ASOS, New Look Lace 2 in 1 Prom Dress, $84.64

For the traditionalist with a twist…

Splurge:

Bloomingdale’s, BCBGMAXAZRIA Kate Strapless Blouson, $268.00

Save:

Forever 21, Island Tropics Babydoll Dress, $17.80

For the color obsessed…

Splurge:

SHOPBOP, Rory Beca Fina Deep V Back Dress, $229.00

Save:

Forever 21, Soft Knit Skater Dress, $12.80

Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com