The Best of Bachelor Season 19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

This past Monday was the first in nine weeks that Bachelor fans across the nation couldn’t tune in to watch Bachelor Chris Soules search for love. As the clock turned 7:00 p.m., we were forced to accept the fact that we can no longer watch Chris stumble over his words or hear someone mention for the billionth time how small Arlington is.

Instead of wallowing in the misery of losing the only good thing to ever happen to Mondays, I decided to reflect on all the good, or shall we say “interesting,” moments of this season. Before the season started, Chris Harrison *surprise surprise* clued us in that it was to be a particularly exciting season.

Well, for once Chris Harrison, you might have been right. Here are some of the most memorable moments from the Bachelor Season 19.

1. Prince Farming kissed a record number of women this season—as in basically all of them. But the only thing that flowed more than the saliva were the tears, featuring Queen Cryer #1…

…and Queen Cryer #2

SO. MANY. TEARS

2. That time Ashley S. came on the Bachelor to the joy of millions. Any moment with her was a memorable one.

3. Possibly equally as entertaining as Ashley S. herself was Kaitlyn making fun of Ashley S.

4. When Chris called Juelia during a rose ceremony, but Jillian sprinted forward instead

It’s like when you think someone’s waving to you, but they’re actually waving to the person behind you–only a million times worse.

5. Though it remains a mystery how Mackenzie stayed on as long as she did, she did teach us all a valuable lesson on things to never discuss on a date

Aliens, big noses, and the fact that you’re 21 with a child.

6. The time Carly and Chris almost had sex on live television. Chris H., if you wanted a sex scene, you should have just brought back Juan Pabs.

7. When Jade got to go on the cinderella date we’ve all dreamed of…

…and when Ashley I made it even more memorable by throwing a temper tantrum and drowned her sorrows in corn.

8. That one, initial moment when we all thought Kelsey was so cute and charming…

…and the many, MANY moments to follow when we were proved so terribly wrong.

9. The two-on-one date that pitted everyone’s least favorite contestants against each other, and in a glorious turn of events, BOTH went home.

But not without a healthy dose of condescending looks and ugly crying.

10. How often and how desperately Chris struggled to form coherent sentences

Thanks for spelling that out for us, Jimmy.

11. Speaking of, Jimmy Kimmel cameoed in an episode and took third-wheeling to a whole new level. 

Season 19 of The Bachelor brought out a variety of different emotions and opinions, but I think there’s one we can so rightly agree on.

Amen, Kaitlyn. Amen.

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!