This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Let’s face it, the time in Wisconsin that isn’t spring but also isn’t winter pretty much sucks. It can be hard to motivate yourself to find activities that are worth walking outside through brown slush for, but this list of upcoming events near you is definitely reason to mark your calendars!

1. A Just Brunch, March 11th

If you love pancakes, coffee, and/or consider yourself a broke college student (so basically all of campus) look no further. A Just Brew, a student-run coffee lounge, is working with Slow Food UW to donate 100% of the proceeds to International Justice Mission (IJM). IJM works to protect millions of impoverished people from violence, specifically slavery. At the mere cost of $5, pancakes and coffee have never made making an impact on the lives of others so easy. The event is being held from 11 AM -1 PM at The Crossing on University Avenue.

2. Dogs on Call, March 13th

Midterms suck, but dogs make everything better! Head down to MERIT Library to not only tackle your studies but also some very lovable furballs from 6:30 PM – 8 PM.

3.Drunkin’ Doughnuts, March 17th Dough Baby Bakery has taken State Street by storm with their delicious doughnuts and it only gets better on St. Patrick’s Day! Drunkin’ Doughnuts returns once again with festive flavors, such as Grasshopper, Bailey’s, Jameson, and Guinness. Mom always said never drink on an empty stomach, right?

4. Journey, March 28th

“So now I come to you with open arms nothing to hide believe what I say.” Journey is coming to The Alliant Energy Center to reassure you didn’t stop believing in them. Scream out some of your favorite oldies with your girlfriends, or Mom and Dad–you know whatever works!

5.  Disco FriesThis copacetic establishment opened last month and will leave you saying things like “groovy” and “totally radical.” The establishment specializes in out of this world French fries and milkshakes taking you back to the diner days. Plates range from sweet to savory (side note, Badgers: there are Brat and Beer Cheese fries!). The staff is also up for customizable orders to satisfy any craving.

6. FLOCKED, April 10th

Alpha Kappa Delta Phi is throwing its 8th annual breast cancer awareness drive. Donate $10 and see Bascom Hill turn pink with flamingos. Plus, you get to keep yours at the end of the day!

7. People’s Climate Change March, April 22ndHelp Madison resist, build, and rise! March for our beautiful campus, National Parks, and the planet as a whole. The march welcomes students of any background, gender, and ethnicity and will not tolerate any violence. Meet at Library Mall at 12 PM to support People’s Climate Movement.

8. Madhatters Concert, April 28th

From the red blazers, blue ties, and swoon worthy voices: join the Madhatters to celebrate the 20th-anniversary show! This spring show is bound to bring out your embarrassing desire to be a Pitch Perfect’s Barden Bella. Tickets are now on sale, and available, at Colectivo Coffee, Tutto Pasta, University Book Store, and The James Apartment!

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!