The Bachelor Women as University of Wisconsin College Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Everyone knows the one thing that can get us through Mondays this time of the year–that’s it, you guessed it. The Bachelor. The twenty-fourth season has brought us not only the dreamy pilot, Peter Weber, but also thirty women competing for his rose. A promise of the ‘most dramatic season in Bachelor history’, ensures an entertaining season every time. From reading this article, you will be able to spot each of Peter’s contestants walking to class. Here are our favorites:

Hannah Ann

Major: Gender and Women’s Studies

A VSCO girl, she carries out her preppy lifestyle throughout the day in the clothes she wears and the way she walks. Her grades matter, but nothing is more important to her than going green. Without her sorority sisters standing by her side, she would not be the model she is today. Constantly surrounded by friends, she makes a great first impression by being outgoing. At the same time, she cannot help but sometimes feel like she has to hide how she really feels. Hannah Ann struggles to share her feelings with her significant other and is closed-off when discussing the fact that–even after committed relationships–she has never truly felt love. Her hobbies include involvement in the student org, “Women in Marketing” and sipping other girls’ drinks on gamedays.

Mykenna

Major: Textiles and Fasion Design

At twenty-two, you do not want to try this girl’s patience when the topic of immaturity is brought up. She is a diligent and faithful advocate for women’s rights and empowerment through her actions and her words. You know this because she is in the front row with the biggest sign at the Women’s March on the Madison capitol square every year. Her friendship with other empowered women is what truly allows her to stand up to bullies in her Design 576 lecture and elsewhere. That experience had made her feel invisible, but not anymore. Because now, Mykenna has found her voice. Now she knows that, ‘kindness wins and bringing people down never does.’

“Kindness Wins”  Women’s apparel line: Coming Spring 2021

Alayah

Major: Neurobiology

Although she means well, people often think of Alayah as being artificial. In the moment, it is difficult for her to stand up for herself when faced with accusation and needs some time to think about the right response. When she has it, she comes back more feisty than before. An example of these situations for Alayah is when she goes out with her friends on friday nights. Last week she and her friends waited in line for Brats. When the bouncer was inspecting Alayah’s ID, he simply took a quick glance at it before responding with, ‘Sorry, not tonight’ . She was shocked and all she could do was stand there before she broke down and started crying. Not until this week did Alayah have the courage to return to Brats, find that bouncer, and set the record straight that she was of age and she deserved to have been let into the bar. Her hopes were only lowered even farther when the bouncer again rejected her and told her never to come back to Brats again.

Madison

Major: Psychology

With a big smile and even bigger positivity, Madison is the kind of girl your mom wants you to date. She has a ‘no stress, no mess’ mindset and does not get caught up in drama or gossip. An intern in the Office of Recruitment, someone who spends time with the elderly in a nursing home as a Badger Volunteer, top ten percentile in all of her coursework, and a center back for the Wisconsin Women’s Soccer team, it seems as though she has it all. Some girls around campus are even starting to call her Superwoman.

Tammy

Major: Retail and Consumer Behavior

The only woman in history to be a part of the Wisconsin Men’s Wrestling team, Tammy can be both badass and elegant; tough and kind to your face. She hits the gym every day to remain her best self. ‘Trust the process’ is her trademark motto and daily goal whenever she is faced with a small bump in the road. While being a nationally recognized athlete, Tammy also takes immense pride in her work in the classroom. She never misses a due date, appointment, meeting, or office hour. In discussion, she is the one to raise her hand, reminding the professor about the quiz he promised the class last week. She is not afraid to get into an argument, in which case, she will stand up and get in your face. Since she is a fifth year, she is superior to anyone younger than her, including Juniors and Sophomores. To get herself hyped up before a final or big wrestling match, she faces her opponent head on saying, ‘I’m everything’.

Victoria F.

Major: Marketing

Although some may spot a similarity between her and Ariana Grande, Victoria F. never falls short of doing her own thing. Her friends see her as the outgoing, bubbly, but honest friend. She can be preppy and extroverted or she can shut down and close in on herself, it just depends on the day. Often, she struggles with expressing how she feels in a new relationship and to stay committed to it when she gets cold feet. She has a history of dating famous country singers who come to Madison for the weekend to perform at the Sylvee on Thursday and then she breaks up with them on Sunday. Because of this, she often skips class the first few days of the week to really understand how she is feeling and how to move on.

Kelsey

Major: Business

Kelsey goes out of her way with sweet and sentimental gestures towards her significant other. She takes the role of meticulously planning out every date and wears the pants in the relationship without a doubt. In her friend group, she is often thought of as the mom. Taking care of her friends when they are sick or need someone to watch out for them is her forteé. That being said, Kelsey also likes to enjoy herself on a night out whether it’s with her new boyfriend or the friends she has known since middle school. Right now, she is unsure of what she wants to do after she graduates from the University of Wisconsin; she just wants to live in the moment.

Kelley

Major: Legal Studies

Kelley makes connections with others very well in one-on-one conversation but tends to be more quiet in a group setting. Unsure of herself when it comes to love, it takes a bit longer for her to acknowledge what she feels towards someone. Because of this, she often distances herself from others. However, at the same time she is a very responsible student and hopes to someday enter into the criminal justice field after undergrad. During the week, you can find her at College Library reading up on case studies for her Legal Studies 632 class. In an attempt to understand her relationships, she walks around her house looking at candle wicks. Due to the anxiety this causes, she turns to meditation and relaxation at Dragonfly Yoga on State to center herself.

I hope that by reading this article, you know which Bachelor woman in college you and your girl squad are!

Isabel Fernandez

Wisconsin '22

UW-Madison Senior, Creative Writing and Spanish major Hometown: Waukesha, WI
I am a senior at the greatest university— the University of Wisconsin. I am in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication, double tracking in reporting and strategic communications and earning a certificate in and Digital Studies. I am a lover of dance, hiking, writing for Her Campus, the Badgers and strawberry acais. I am also a president of Her Campus Wisconsin.