Alternatives to Shows Leaving Netflix in October

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Ah, Netflix! Some days I love you, and some days I despise you. With the leaves changing, I can’t help but despise you for what you are taking off your platform this month. You’re taking off some undeniable classics (One Tree Hill?!) — what am I supposed to watch now? If you, too, are worried about your favorite shows leaving Netflix, check out these alternatives:

1. If you like 30 Rock

You might like Parks and Rec

Amy Poehler and Tina Fey are real life BFFs; so if you like Tina’s work, you’re probably going to love Amy’s work as well.

2. If you like Friday Night Lights

You might like… Blue Mountain State

Although Blue Mountain State is about a college football team and an unrealistic view of college life, its main focus is still the same as FNL: football.

3. If you like Love, Actually

You might like… Bridget Jones’s Diary

Colin Firth and Hugh Grant star in both movies, I think that’s enough similarities right there…

4. If you like Malcolm in the Middle

You might like… Shameless

If you fell for the charm of the crazy Wilkerson family, you will probably also fall in love with the crazy Gallagher family.

5. If you like One Tree Hill

You might like… Gossip Girl

If you liked the drama, the dreamy boys and the unrealistic high school expectations One Tree Hill gave you, you will find Gossip Girl quite appealing. Same drama, different city.

6. If you like Titanic

You might like… probably nothing else. Nothing can really compare to the legacy that is the Titanic.

Happy bingeing!

Hi, I'm Abby Coppens, a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison. I'm pursuing a degree in Economics and Retail. In my free time, I really enjoying hanging out with my friends and family, doing homework, biking, and reading. I'm the biggest friends fanatic on the planet. Go Badgers!
Hannah, originally from Milwaukee, WI is a Campus Correspondent for HC Wisconsin.  Hannah is a Senior and is studying Political Science and Psychology.  She aspires to work in health policy and will run for office one day.  She is never seen without a cup of coffee in hand and loves to eat any food in sight, especially sushi.  Outside of school, Hannah frequents Badger sporting events and likes to hang out with her friends on the weekends finding new things to do and new places to eat.  Hannah also runs her own Mary Kay business and is obsessed with keeping up with the latest makeup trends! This will be her seventh semester on the Her Campus team, and she loves the org more and more each semester!  It is Hannah's favorite thing that she is involved in on campus and highly recommends anyone with an interest in writing, journalism, or blogging to get involved, you won't regret it! On Wisconsin!!