Adele’s New Album is More Flawless than Her Eyeliner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Adele has been MIA in the music world ever since she released her 21 album.  That is four whole years without any Adele and that oh-so-perfect eyeliner in our lives.  The singer-songwriter released the first single from her new album, 25, on October 23.  She announced the new album just the day before the single, “Hello,” was released.  “Hello” was released as a music video that practically broke the internet.  It broke the Vevo record by reaching 27.7 million views in 24 hours, beating out previous winner Taylor Swift’s “Bad Blood.” It also broke the record previously held by Miley Cyrus’ “Wrecking Ball” for reaching 100 million views in the shortest time frame. 

The rest of the album was released on November 20th and was just as well as received as the first single. Breaking yet another record, 25 sold 3.38 million copies within the first week.  The album includes eleven tracks that will definitely hit you right in the feels. 

It mainly consists of the break-up-piano-love-ballads that Adele is famous for, but there are a few more upbeat songs as well.  With songs called “When We Were Young,” “Remedy,” and “Water Under the Bridge” it seems as though she has become a little less cynical and more grown up than four years ago. 

Adele also announced that she will be touring Europe with her new album. However, it is unclear what people do at an Adele concert.  Do we sing along? Do we cry and text our exes? That is yet to be determined.  But for only $10.99 on iTunes, you can own a copy of this new powerhouse album.  Unfortunately, Adele is not releasing the album on any streaming site.  But then again, you need to do something with all of that iTunes money. 

Good to have you back Adele!

Hannah, originally from Milwaukee, WI is a Campus Correspondent for HC Wisconsin.  Hannah is a Senior and is studying Political Science and Psychology.  She aspires to work in health policy and will run for office one day.  She is never seen without a cup of coffee in hand and loves to eat any food in sight, especially sushi.  Outside of school, Hannah frequents Badger sporting events and likes to hang out with her friends on the weekends finding new things to do and new places to eat.  Hannah also runs her own Mary Kay business and is obsessed with keeping up with the latest makeup trends! This will be her seventh semester on the Her Campus team, and she loves the org more and more each semester!  It is Hannah's favorite thing that she is involved in on campus and highly recommends anyone with an interest in writing, journalism, or blogging to get involved, you won't regret it! On Wisconsin!! 
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!