The 8 Best Things about Going Home for Thanksgiving Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

As the UW campus becomes emptier and emptier as the week progresses, every student on campus is getting ready to head home for the first of the many winter holidays. Here are the top eight reasons Badgers are so excited to leave this amazing university for the extended weekend: 

8. Real stores. As much as I love the single urban outfitters on State Street, I cannot wait to see an actual mall. 

7. There is no greater satisfaction than getting in your car for the first time in three months.  You may even question your ability to drive… 

6. Seeing all of your high school friends after three months away…AKA swapping stories of your crazy college nights out.  

5. Showering without shower shoes. Need I say more?

4. Seeing your dog for the first time since you left home. Yeah, your parents can come visit you, or some of your siblings, but dogs are usually off limits for the long road trip/plane ride to a college campus. 

3. Your bed at home puts that little twin XL thing to shame… even if you do have the best mattress pad. 

2. Family. Seriously no better feeling than getting the gang back together.

1. FOOD. Need I say more? Thanksgiving is a holiday dedicated to amazing cooking, and after three months of Gordon’s, I am ready for some turkey and sweet potatoes. 

There are a few of the many, many, fabulous reasons why going home for Thanksgiving break is the absolute best. So, my fellow badgers, kick back and enjoy the long weekend because the doom of finals is just around the corner. 

I am currently a sophomore at University of Wisconsin- Madison pursuing a degree in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication.  As Campus Correspondent of Her Campus, Wisconsin chapter I am passionate about current events and can be found browsing any and every article that pops- up on my Facebook newsfeed.