7 Reasons Why This is the Worst Season of The Bachelor, Like Ever

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Every spring semester as we go back to classes and face the winter cold, we have the consolation that another season of The Bachelor will start and warm our hearts. Watching upwards of 20 girls fight for one man is the ultimate American pastime, but this season is not living up to the show’s lofty expectations. I may be extra biased because I’ve never liked Nick, but I truly believe that this may be the most boring season of all time. Here are my 7 reasons why this is the worst season of The Bachelor.

1. Nick can’t look anyone in the eyesYou would think that after multiple seasons on the Bachelor franchise Nick would learn how to not look like the most awkward person ever, but he’s decided to defy the odds. It seems that Nick is able to look at everything else except the person he’s talking to, so that’s good. If you didn’t notice this before, you’ll definitely notice it now.

2. He doesn’t seem interested in what the girls are sayingHave you noticed how the girls will talk about their lives and try to open up to Nick, and his eyes are just darting around? When he’s had enough small talk, he’ll cut to the chase and lean in for an ill-timed kiss. It’s like they are talking to a wall.

3. Nick has openly admitted that he’s unsure if he likes anyone

Ugh. In last week’s episode, Nick sent home multiple girls because he just “didn’t feel a connection”. He then promptly told the other girls that he wasn’t sure if this would work at all. For this being the third time he is on The Bachelor/Bachelorette, this is the most ridiculous plot line of all time. Maybe the girls aren’t the problem…

4. They went to Waukesha…Not to hate on Waukesha, but can we all take a minute to remember when The Bachelor took the candidates on lavish vacations to tropical islands and European countries? Well, those days seem to be gone forever and traded in for shoveling poop on a farm in Wisconsin.

5. The “villain” was revealed too soon and is too obvious

From the moment the first episode started, it was clear that Corinne would be deemed the villain of Nick’s season. To an extent, the villain is always obvious but not like this. The guys during Kaitlyn’s season hated Nick, and in Ben’s season all the girls hated Olivia, but it didn’t make either of them the center of attention. Corinne is the subject of almost every single conversation, and the drama only revolves around her. Can something else please happen?!

6. Corinne is the only interesting part of this season

Whether you are #teamcorn or not, you have to admit that Corinne is the only reason this season isn’t a total bust. She’s funny, she’s over the top and she’s interesting – essentially, she’s everything all the other girls aren’t.

7. It feels more staged than ever before

Everything is so obviously staged this season that it’s actually ridiculous. This really goes hand-in-hand with the fact that Corinne is the only interesting person this season. For instance, when Taylor goes back and interrupts Corinne’s date with Nick after she’s sent home, it was so obviously a ploy by production, there was no hiding it.

Hopefully, the rest of the season will improve and Nick will get it together and find a fiancé, but I’m not too hopeful. Even if Nick does end up happy, this season would still be a total bust. And for the record, I am wholeheartedly and unapologetically #teamcorn.

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!