7 Movies and TV Shows You Can’t Miss This Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

The summer of 2019 is shaping up to be a season of great laughs, new adventures, and cinematic memories you can’t forget. Here are the movies that we are most looking forward to seeing after the end of this semester!

The Hustle (in theaters May 10th)

In this hilarious new remake of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (but gender-flipped!), Anne Hathaway and Rebel Wilson play scam artists who team up to take down a man who wronged them. Look forward to some great, badass women moments and comedic relief between these two brilliant actresses.

Booksmart (in theaters May 24th)

You may already be familiar with the plot after seeing it on your Facebook feed, but I’ll remind you again. After high school graduation, two women decide it’s time to have the fun they may have missed out on in high school. So what better to do than cram four years of missed fun into one adventurous night?

Rocketman (in theaters May 31st)

Taron Egerton (from Kingsman) takes on the role of a lifetime to portray Elton John during his rise to fame. You can look forward to learning more about the man behind the amazing (and fabulous) pair of glasses.

Men In Black: International (in theaters June 14th)

Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson take on new agent characters in this series’ fourth film about, yes, protecting the Earth from more aliens. Get ready for more action-packed scenes done in polished black suits.

Stranger Things, Season 3 (on Netflix July 4th)

Yes, the moment we’ve all been waiting for is finally just a few short months away! Get ready for a whole lot of retro sci-fi fun and feels.

Stuber (in theaters July 12th)

When this innocent Uber driver (played by the brilliant Kumail Nanjiani) picks up his newest passenger, he wasn’t expecting to pick up a cop being chased by a killer, but he must now hold on tight to his life and perfect 5-star rating in this funny and adventurous film.

The Lion King (in theaters July 19th)

Whether you’re an avid Disney fan or not, I think we can all appreciate this amazing CGI experience… and who wouldn’t want to hear Donald Glover play Simba?

So, mark these dates on your calendar, grab a friend, and prepare to head to the theater or your streaming device for the latest movies this summer. From girl-power takedown, to the truth about an incredible artist, to one of the most anticipated Disney films, movie theaters this summer will truly have something for everyone!

Anna Sumpter

Wisconsin '20

Anna is studying Operations Technology Management and Marketing, with a certificate in Supply Chain Management at the University of Wisconsin – Madison. When not studying, she can be found with kombucha in hand, practicing yoga and staying involved with many organizations. She also loves traveling to new places and hanging out with friends and family.
Hannah, originally from Milwaukee, WI is a Campus Correspondent for HC Wisconsin.  Hannah is a Senior and is studying Political Science and Psychology.  She aspires to work in health policy and will run for office one day.  She is never seen without a cup of coffee in hand and loves to eat any food in sight, especially sushi.  Outside of school, Hannah frequents Badger sporting events and likes to hang out with her friends on the weekends finding new things to do and new places to eat.  Hannah also runs her own Mary Kay business and is obsessed with keeping up with the latest makeup trends! This will be her seventh semester on the Her Campus team, and she loves the org more and more each semester!  It is Hannah's favorite thing that she is involved in on campus and highly recommends anyone with an interest in writing, journalism, or blogging to get involved, you won't regret it! On Wisconsin!!