6 Subscription Boxes to Give This Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

‘Tis the season for stressing out over which gifts will best show appreciation to the people in your life. However, with the recent popularity of subscription box services, there is a safe solution that keeps giving all year long. Here are six subscription boxes that are perfect for giving – or receiving – this holiday season:

1. For the Skeptic – Bless Box

Not everyone has hopped aboard the subscription box trend — but understandably so. After all, sorting through the seemingly endless lineup of options can be quite an intimidating task. Plus, some of us may be skeptical of the quality of items when considering the cost of the box. Well, Bless Box takes care of all these concerns. Sazan, the founder, has made it her passion to find the best products to make people happy. She handpicks all the goodies included in each box and promises that she wouldn’t add anything that she wouldn’t use herself. You can rest easy knowing all the products are tested and tried. For only $30 a month, you get five to 15 assorted fashion and beauty items that are worth about $150 combined — this box is some serious bang for your buck.

2. For the Philanthropist – MissionCute

All of us have at least one person in our lives who radiates positivity and constantly seeks out ways to help others. They usually put everyone else above themselves, and MissionCute subscription boxes are the perfect way to return that love. This company started only a few years ago, and its goal is to raise awareness for different nonprofit organizations around the United States. Since its founding, MissionCute has grown by word of mouth and now supports over 35 causes throughout the country. Each month, subscribers vote for the nonprofit they’d like to support, so the consumers are a large part of the good that this company brings to people. At $39 a month, this box might seem a little pricier, but 50 percent of the proceeds from each box goes to charity. The box features random accessories and/or treats that are trending during that particular season.

3. For the Bookworm – Fresh Fiction Box Not to Miss

A part of being a good college student entails inevitably running out of time to do anything outside of school and work; and for those of us who like to read, it means there will be no time to check out all of the latest finds at Barnes and Noble. However, Fresh Fiction Box Not to Miss offers a solution to those with limited time and a limited budget. For only $26 – and the perk of free shipping – this company sends you a package with three to five printed books and two to four e-books. All of their selections are new releases and represent a variety of fictional genres, such as mystery or romance. When you need a break from adult responsibilities or non-fiction textbooks, a blanket, a warm cup of hot cocoa and this right-to-your-door delivery will offer the perfect escape.

4. For the Makeup Junkie – Play! by Sephora

Beauty subscription boxes are definitely one of the most popular kinds out there — and it makes sense when you realize all the perks that come with it. However, that also means that it can be harder to find a specific one that’s right for you. After comparing boxes offered by different companies, my pick is Play! by Sephora. This box gives you five samples of top-of-the line hair, skincare and makeup products for only $10 a month. This affordable service is also helpful for deciding what you like — don’t any more waste money throwing away full-sizes that you barely use. They also cater to your preferences with an initial questionnaire that gauges your skin and hair types. The greatest perk of all, though, is that you get reward points to use at Sephora with each box you purchase.

5. For the Budgeter – Vellabox

Subscription boxes can be expensive at times; so for people who don’t like to waste a dime, there wouldn’t always be reason to get one. The holiday season is your chance to treat those penny pinchers to a taste of the finer life — while still holding to their cost-saving expectations. A cheap but quality box to try is Vellabox. Their Lucerna edition is only $10 a month and includes a candle and a surprise gift. The candles are seasonally appropriate and are made by the finest companies around the country. The candles are also only four ounces  (25 hour burn time), so those who receive the box will be able to use the candle up by the time the next one arrives. A staple item for every girl + a calming way to indulge the senses = sign me up!

6. For the Foodie – Graze

Everyone needs to eat, and food is something that brings people together. Some of us, though, like to take it to a whole new level – especially in the snacking department. Luckily, there are many subscription boxes out there that brings food right to your doorstep. Based on my research, Graze does it best. This company takes nutritionist-approved ingredients to create new snacks that will keep you both healthy and trendy. There are over 100 snack options for the box, and they let you have some control over what you get by asking about your likes and dislikes. You can also choose how often you want the box delivered with weekly, biweekly or monthly options. In any case, each one of these $14 boxes includes eight snacks.

The search for gifts that are uniquely perfect for each of the girls in your life can be difficult; but there’s definitely something for each of them with the wide range of subscription box options. You can keep the giving to and appreciating your friends just by giving them a one-year subscription to any of these boxes. Don’t forget — you’re important, too! Putting your favorite box on your wish list or giving yourself a year’s worth of love doesn’t hurt, either.

Aubrynn is a small town Wisconsin girl with big city dreams. She is currently a student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison pursuing a career in the sports broadcasting industry. Some of her favorite things include smelling flowers, laughing with her friends, and the color pink. She hopes to inspire people to believe in themselves and to treat everyone they meet with kindness. You can keep up with everything happening in the life of Aubrynn on Twitter (@AubrynnVV) and Instagram (@brynnvv).