Style

6 Game Day Accessories to Hype Up a Cold Game Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Game Day season is in session and these last couple of games have been insane with our crazy Wisconsin wins and our pretty sunny weather, with the exception of the cold and rainy Kent State game. However, the time has come for chilly, fall weather and I don’t know about you, but I got to thinking about ways to stay warm and toasty at Badger Games while also showing crazy Badger spirit!   

Red Sunglasses

Personally, I am all over a good game day when you have the right kind of eyewear. When it’s rainy and cold, blocking your face is one thing and staying dry is another, but there’s always room for a bright red pair of sunglasses to keep you in the spirit even when it’s freezing. This way you can still wear your big winter coat while also sporting a little red! 

Badger Hats 

Although hats are essential for walking to class and normal days outside of game days, getting the right kind of winter hat is also exactly what you need on a cold Game Day! From the Bucky Badger look-alike hats to the quintessential Wisconsin hats from the University Bookstore, you are sure to find a hat that enhances your Game Day spirit. 

Bucky Badger Socks 

These are a soft and subtle way to add warmth to your Game Day look, but staying equally as loud and proud about being a Bucky fan! Bucky Badger socks from the University Bookstore is definitely one of my most valued purchases because my toes are warm and my Badger spirit is strong.

Classic Wisconsin Crew 

A Classic Wisconsin Crew is vital for your everyday closet but it’s equally as necessary for a Game Day as well because this keeps you warm and shows the classic treasure of a proud Badger student at UW-Madison. From Rose Bowl vintage to “Wisconsin Grandma” sweatshirts, you are destined to find one that speaks to your spirit on Game Day!

Badger Bibs 

While this one is just an obvious must-have, Badger bibs are quite honestly the only thing that maintains my warmth during a cold Game Day! When it’s 30º and freezing, it’s so easy to tuck 3 pairs of pants under it as well as a big warm jacket to stay warm for the Badger game, all the while enjoying the game in a classic game day get up! 

Bucky Gloves :)))

One of my personal favorites for the winter Game Day season is the Bucky Badger gloves! These gloves are so cute and a great way to keep your hands warm during the game! Shaped like Bucky Badger, you’re most definitely ready to cheer on Bucky and count all of his push-ups this season! 

Winter Game Days can be brutal when you’re outside in chilly weather for 3 hours but the Game Day spirit has got to live on somehow! I’ll be seeing you out there with your gloves and glasses. On Wisconsin!

Kailla Sam

Wisconsin

I am a senior at the greatest university— the University of Wisconsin. I am in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication, double tracking in reporting and strategic communications and earning a certificate in and Digital Studies. I am a lover of dance, hiking, writing for Her Campus, the Badgers and strawberry acais. I am also a president of Her Campus Wisconsin.