6 Best Internet Reactions to the Juul Flavor Pod Ban

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Last week, news broke that Juul is no longer able to sell most of its popular flavor pods in stores. The ban comes as a result of “increasing pressures and public backlash.” Juul has received a lot of criticism in the past, not only for its harmful products but also their social media campaigns, especially targeted towards young people.

Personally, I am happy about this change. Juuls were originally designed to help current cigarette smokers transition to a healthier alternative that gave them a nicotine fix without the harmful tar effects of regular cigarettes. According to Business Insider, 6 percent of 15-17-year-olds and 8 percent of 18-21-year-olds have used an e-cigarette device in the last 30 days. With teens and young adults being some of the most susceptible of the population to become addicted to nicotine, this change needed to happen. 

Since many young people are legitimately upset about this ban and perhaps depend on Juuls more than they would like to admit, I’m not going to say “I told you so” or rain on their parade further. Instead here are some reactions to the news of the Juul pod ban from the internet, perhaps the one thing more people are addicted to than nicotine. 

1. Some laughed

Harambe and other greats are still being honored in 2018. RIP.

2. Some were angry

Fair point tbh. 

3. Some spilled some TEA

I mean they’re not wrong. ?☕

4. Some saw an opportunity

Supply and demand. (For sales, not murder). It’s basic economics. 

5. Some held their “loved ones” a little closer

6. Some even took to the news to fight back

Hats off to you if you can say “Vape God” with a straight face. 

While I still think inhaling nicotine juice because “omg it smells like mango,” is one of the dumbest things you can do to your body, I do feel sorry for those who have developed a nicotine dependency. There are resources out there to help you. In the meantime, we can all keep procrastinating our studying and laugh at the internet together. 

Lauren Ryan

Wisconsin '20

Lauren is a senior double majoring in Marketing and Operations and Technology Management, with a certificate in Supply Chain Management. 
Hannah, originally from Milwaukee, WI is a Campus Correspondent for HC Wisconsin.  Hannah is a Senior and is studying Political Science and Psychology.  She aspires to work in health policy and will run for office one day.  She is never seen without a cup of coffee in hand and loves to eat any food in sight, especially sushi.  Outside of school, Hannah frequents Badger sporting events and likes to hang out with her friends on the weekends finding new things to do and new places to eat.  Hannah also runs her own Mary Kay business and is obsessed with keeping up with the latest makeup trends! This will be her seventh semester on the Her Campus team, and she loves the org more and more each semester!  It is Hannah's favorite thing that she is involved in on campus and highly recommends anyone with an interest in writing, journalism, or blogging to get involved, you won't regret it! On Wisconsin!!