6 Best Food Places to Hit After the Bar

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.
The fact that Madison has so many food options after a night out on State Street can be a good or bad thing. You have a variety of choices—from Mexican, to Chinese, to American, to anything! The only bad thing about all these choices is that you’re bound to end up spending money on food, because why wouldn’t you? You’re drunk, hungry and don’t care about your diet that started yesterday. You’ll probably find yourself at these restaurants, and if you haven’t yet, get out and try them!

1) Ian’s
Ian’s is a little overrated, but their pizza never disappoints. If you haven’t had the Mac ‘n Cheese yet, you are seriously missing out. 

2) Wendy’s
4 for $4. I’m confused—are you supposed to eat this all by yourself or split with someone?  Regardless, you can get a ton of food (that you probably won’t even end up eating) all for four dollars… which is the same price as a drink at the bar! It’s definitely worth it. 

3) Qdoba
2 words: chips and queso. Need I say more?

4) J.D’s
Okay, I don’t know what to say. This food truck is my THING. They have burgers, chicken sandwiches, hot dogs, cheese curds. There’s so many options (I never can decide what I want) from this menu and who doesn’t love greasy, unhealthy food when they’re drunk?

5) Cheba Hut
They have the best subs, they’re unique and they’re tasty. This place is easy to forget about sometimes, but if you’re going to try something new for a night, this is the place. 

6) Asian Kitchen
You can get this delivered or pick it up on your way home—how convenient! 

Wherever you end up on Thursday, Friday, and/or Saturday night, you know you’re bound to buy food to finish off your night. Who really cares about your summer bod anyway—you’ve already consumed a ton of calories from the alcohol, you might as well keep the streak going! 

Food lover - dance enthusiast - professional napper.