This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

At roughly 9 p.m. on the night of my 19th birthday, I received a gift that changed my life forever. No, it wasn’t a car or a new laptop or a trip of a lifetime. I got AirPods, and I haven’t been the same since. Here are the five ways that AirPods have completely changed my life for the better!

1. My Hands are Free!

As someone who is constantly listening to music, dorm life was a bit of shock. At home, the first thing I did after waking up was connect to my Bluetooth speaker and blast my music until I was practically walking out of the house to head to school. Here, I don’t have that luxury. But now, I can just pop my AirPods in and carry out my morning routine completely hands-free. 

2. Never Tangled Again!

Before having AirPods, there literally wasn’t a single day of my life where my earbuds weren’t tangled. Seriously, not a single day. 

3. Phone Calls Have Never Been Easier! 

Arguably one of the greatest parts of having AirPods is the ability to be able to do anything while on the phone. Especially being a college student, this is a huge pay-off. Pro-tip: laundry is the perfect time to call your mom. 

4. Clout!

There is a lot of hype surrounding AirPods because they are pricey. So if you are flexing AirPods on campus you will have automatic clout. Own that clout. Love that clout. 

5. Music all the Time!

Solo dance parties encouraged.

Although the price tag may be hefty, I guarantee you that AirPods are a worthy investment. Just be sure not to lose the charging case! 

Grace Landsberg is currently a sophomore at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She is majoring in Strategic Communications within the School of Journalism and Mass Communication while also pursuing a certificate in Digital Studies. In her free time, she loves finding new music, spending time with family and friends, and hittin' the food trucks on campus!
Hannah, originally from Milwaukee, WI is a Campus Correspondent for HC Wisconsin.  Hannah is a Senior and is studying Political Science and Psychology.  She aspires to work in health policy and will run for office one day.  She is never seen without a cup of coffee in hand and loves to eat any food in sight, especially sushi.  Outside of school, Hannah frequents Badger sporting events and likes to hang out with her friends on the weekends finding new things to do and new places to eat.  Hannah also runs her own Mary Kay business and is obsessed with keeping up with the latest makeup trends! This will be her seventh semester on the Her Campus team, and she loves the org more and more each semester!  It is Hannah's favorite thing that she is involved in on campus and highly recommends anyone with an interest in writing, journalism, or blogging to get involved, you won't regret it! On Wisconsin!!