5 Tips for Hosting the Best Girl’s Night

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Sure, we all like going out on the weekends, but who doesn’t love a night in with your best friends? So, if the freezing cold is unbearable, or if you don’t feel like getting all dressed up, take these tips to plan a fun, relaxed night with your friends.

1. Go to the grocery store with your friends and prepare fun food

A night in calls for making fun food with your friends. Start off the night by taking a trip to the grocery store and buying food that you all can enjoy together. Pick up the nicest cheese and crackers you can find to make a cheese plate (Wisconsin is the dairy state, after all), and buy some popcorn or ingredients for cookies or brownies — voila, you’re set! Open a nice bottle of wine or champagne (or cider, if under 21) to top the night off.

2.  Start the movie!

It sounds cliche, but watching a movie during a girls’ night in is a necessity. Pick a movie that you all resonate with and press play! I’m just saying, it’s never too early to start watching Christmas movies. Don’t want to watch a movie? Watch reruns of your favorite TV show — I know I could sit and watch Sex and the City for hours on end.

3. Bring on the spa treatments

College can get extremely stressful, overwhelming and busy at times; and that sometimes translates to unhealthy habits and disrupted skin routine and hormones cycles, etc. If you’re going to treat yourselves to a girls’ night in, you better go all out! Pick up face masks, hair treatments, relaxing oils and candles that help alleviate stress.

4. Get crafty

Feelin’ artsy? Cut up and redesign old clothes to make them more fashionable and unique. You could make game day apparel, too. Turn that boxy Grateful Red t-shirt into a stylish tube top for the next football game.

5. Make a fire playlist

Want to make a good time an even better time? Make a fire playlist with your friends and play it all night long. Nothing beats good music!

Whether you follow these tips or not, you and your friends will have a fantastic night together — everyone loves a night in with their best friends! You can decide which activities you want to do, but one thing is for sure — the cheese plate is a must.

First-year student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Originally from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.